Models Switching Agencies

Wasn't Josh Candice's agent at IMG and he's the one who created the fashion division at CAA? Would seem like a slight to be represented by both. Her agent at Lions is Ali K.

Do you guys think the ranks of 1st tier agencies in New York have shifted with all the changes these past few months? It seems like the prestige of IMG and Women have lessened a bit, for example, and Elite has risen ?

Do you guys think the ranks of 1st tier agencies in New York have shifted with all the changes these past few months? It seems like the prestige of IMG and Women have lessened a bit, for example, and Elite has risen ?
Definitely. Women & Ford aren’t nearly as strong now as they were just 6 months ago, IMG’s somewhat hanging on (only because their roster is so large they could lose 50 big-name models and still have some to spare), and as you stated, Elite NYC is no longer seen as a commercialized joke compared to The Society - in fact, both go hand-in-hand currently.

The Lions is finally coming out of hibernation as well... it’s been a while since we’ve heard of new major additions to the agency.

Crazy how quickly it happened, I just noticed it in her IG bio today - and she signed with CAA a few months ago...

She could be simultaneously represented by CAA & The Lions? But I’m not sure how that works... if she switched agents in CAA or not.

BTW - Love your Instagram, @shonacoffey! Keep up the hard work, it’s much appreciated - you introduce many of us to such stunning new faces :wub:

Wow thank you so much, truly appreciate that :heart::heart:

Very true, no idea what's going on at CAA but no doubt the others will follow suit since they're careers have not moved. I feel the Lions will have a lot of new talent joining in the next few weeks so i'd stay tuned.

Wasn't Josh Candice's agent at IMG and he's the one who created the fashion division at CAA? Would seem like a slight to be represented by both. Her agent at Lions is Ali K.
He works there but he's no where near the boss. This is caa... Not a model agency. They do more business than the entire model agency industry. Their sports division is bigger than every US model agency combined. Misinformation everywhere.

Wow thank you so much, truly appreciate that :heart::heart:

Very true, no idea what's going on at CAA but no doubt the others will follow suit since they're careers have not moved. I feel the Lions will have a lot of new talent joining in the next few weeks so i'd stay tuned.

Maybe caa realizing that fighting for small money is a money losing proposition. It takes a lot of effort for many small jobs and California has different work laws. You get paid right away most of the time.

Johanna Defant: The Society -> Heroes.

Manon Leloup: Wilhelmina NY -> Supreme NY.

Grace Sharp and Nana Reznichenko now with Muse.

Juliet Elijah now with New Icon.

Carissa Pinkston is already not listed on VNY's website - THEIR MINDS!

I’ve noticed IMG’s agents posting Sculy Mejia on their TikTok (I know, out of all places) accounts - anyone know if she’s switching from Official to IMG NY? She’s with IMG London.

Steffi Cook: NYMM -> The Identity.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed IMG’s agents posting Sculy Mejia on their TikTok (I know, out of all places) accounts - anyone know if she’s switching from Official to IMG NY? She’s with IMG London.
On a similar note, IMG also seems to be scouting on TikTok.

why do you say that?
Just by observation, a few people on their scouting/development team are actively on TikTok asking for heights and whatnot of some users that they follow.

They're pretty ahead of the curve and getting into TikTok before other agencies.

Just by observation, a few people on their scouting/development team are actively on TikTok asking for heights and whatnot of some users that they follow.

They're pretty ahead of the curve and getting into TikTok before other agencies.
The girls whom they're asking look so unbelievably young, which is understandable given it's TikTok, but when they look around 13-14... it's going to take quite a bit of development until they're prepared to work in an industry where pressure & rejection are normal.

Overall, however, scouting via apps such as Instagram and TikTok offer vast opportunities to those less fortunate to fly out and visit agencies, as well as those who may not know where or how to apply, which is a good thing.

Regan Kemper: Women NY -> Elite NY.

Taelor Thein: Marilyn NY -> Elite NY.

Hannah Kleit: Supreme NY -> Elite NY.

Victoire Nkwuda now with Muse.

Last edited:
Charlott Cordes: Elite NY -> W360 NY.

I forgot which other models I updated on yesterday but none of the switches I posted were major... so I'm not including them here.

To add, NEXT, JAG, and other smaller mother agencies are now scouting via TikTok. And maaaaany, many well-known models are now joining the app due to the quarantine... the app's becoming quite the social media hub.

Bara Holotova, Danielle Herrington: W360 NY -> Elite NY.

Laurina Lubino: 28 -> Identity.

Niki Trefilova: Fusion -> Identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->