Bi-racial/mixed models

This thread is really interesting, though I think people are kind of confused here. Ethnicity is race, whereas nationality is the country that person was born in. E.g. a half Japanese, half Mexican girl is born in Germany. Her nationality is then German, but her ethnicity is Japanese/Mexican.

I think a true mix is more when there is a cross between caucasoids, mongoloids and/or negroids (please look those up on wikipedia or something before you jump to the conclusion of those terms being racist). E.g. Greek and Irish are both caucasoid races (basically White) so in a sense that person isn't really mixed if they are a blend of White and White.

This topic isn't fair. What exactly is "mixed?" What exactly is pure race? Someone listed Chanel Iman as Black and Korean, when in fact her mother is Black and Korean. Some of you even assumed that people were "mixed" without any facts or proof because a person did not fit the look of a pure race person. A lot of people could fit under the category of "mixed." People even listed Naomi Campbell as "mixed," when in fact she doesn't refer to herself as "mixed."

i think Naomi father is asian and her mother black. Chanel is mixed since her mother is mixed.But i agree race is an artificial concept.

the term race is pure farce.

That's true. The terms caucasian/negroid/mongoloid were just made up for some outdated anthropological theories. There is no science behind them.

Humans are just like the 'purebred' dogs, where they do a genetic analysis of a bunch of purebred german shepherds and they have nothing in common. In fact some of them are closer to dobermanns, despite the fact they all look alike. There are no purebreds, just artificial distinctions.

Some of the most beautiful people benefit from a widely varied genetic background. :heart::heart::heart:

She has some distant Chinese relatives, though, no? Just like Tyson. I remember reading that her one of her grandmother's family names is 'Ming'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never bellieved Naomi should have been the "chosen one" to be supermodel in the 80's. But thats a different story...

I never believed the story about Naomi having Chinese ancestry

Why on earth would she lie about it?

It's beyond lame how, acc'd to some, brown-skinned people aren't allowed to be mixed and any mixture mentioned is automatically suspect.

phooey!

Why on earth would she lie about it?

It's beyond lame how, acc'd to some, brown-skinned people aren't allowed to be mixed and any mixture mentioned is automatically suspect.

phooey!

well said - thank you. i couldn't agree more.

That's true. The terms caucasian/negroid/mongoloid were just made up for some outdated anthropological theories. There is no science behind them.

I don't know if it is scientific enough, but there is enough difference between caucasoids, negroids and mongoloids to be able to tell their race from the shape of the skull (with no skin or muscle on it). However, you cannot pinpoint race from DNA as far as I know.

this thread is so interesting!
ihad no idea that miranda kerr was part filipino! doesn anyone know if there are any other filipino or part filipino models?

^ Charo Ronquillo and Anna Bayle :flower:
I'm not sure if they're mixed too, but many Filipinos are part Spaniard so I would give it a guess. :D

^ Charo Ronquillo and Anna Bayle :flower:
I'm not sure if they're mixed too, but many Filipinos are part Spaniard so I would give it a guess. :D
yes, i know about anna bayle. but thank you soo much!! Charo is the name ive been trying to think of for seriously like the past 3 years! is she still successful?

Well, I've strolled her thread, but much of what she's done is small commercial prints like Macy's which isn't too bad, but I feel like she can offer so much more. She's really gorgeous and a has great Eurasian appeal.
I think she's signed with Ford as well.
She has done pretty good during NYFW I believe. :D

ETA: according to Wiki, she's done adverts for Saks Fifth, Spanish Vogue, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire, which are pretty good printwork. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->