Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

This has to be on youtube somewhere. But I remember watching a segment on a Givenchy HC show by Julien McDonald. I think it was "Fashion Television" with Jeanne Beker. The segment showed 2 ladies w/ these wacky hats on, abruptly leaving the show early. The host TRIED to get some commentary from them. One of them wasn't having any of it and kept walking, and the other boldly proclaimed "This is NOT haute couture." Burn.
the fashion world was unjustly cruel to this man

Maybe not a a fashion history moment but I remember reading tfs many many years ago and getting excited every time The Imagist dropped hints on who would be on the cover of Vogue Italia back in the day when it mattered. The cover rumor thread back then was unmatched.

Love reading everybody's most memorable fashion moments, I remember many of them and some of them are too funny.

When Chanel tried, and failed, to venture into menswear. At this time, menswear WAS having a moment, but I canā€™t imagine anybody wanting Chanel, or perhaps Karl, to be a part of that conversation. (Also random, when somebody here tried to flex by posting a pic of his Chanel shirt w/ the hanger, and the only response was ā€œNice hanger.ā€)

IMG_3879.jpeg
IMG_3878.jpeg

Last edited:
When Chanel tried, and failed, to venture into menswear. At this time, menswear WAS having a moment, but I canā€™t imagine anybody wanting Chanel, or perhaps Karl, to be a part of that conversation. (Also random, when somebody here tried to flex by posting a pic of his Chanel shirt w/ the hanger, and the only response was ā€œNice hanger.ā€)

View attachment 1265493
View attachment 1265494
Honestly, I wouldnā€™t mind a Chanel jacket on its own, but a whole Chanel look for guys is just a no.

Then he landed in hot water for supposedly taking bribes from IMG.

Rumor of the Day: Prada Casting Director Accepts Bribes?

Lol.. yes.. I think he was very messy. Did he also refused casting model of colors? And he's the casting director who apparently disliked Trentini, right??

But can't deny, his Prada era is iconic tho.. It launched the careers of so many models.. Sasha P, Daria, Lindsey W, Arizona (S/S 11 is still under him, right?), and more.. Just wished it was more diverse.

This is my memorial to the "Please be kind" thread that was here so briefly today (single tear) and also a eulogy for the now-dead era of pencil and paper:

3x05 - The Aluminum Monster vs Fatty McGoo [A+].mkv_snapshot_04.20_[2024.04.28_13.01.28].jpg
3x05 - The Aluminum Monster vs Fatty McGoo [A+].mkv_snapshot_04.38_[2024.04.28_13.01.42].jpg
3x05 - The Aluminum Monster vs Fatty McGoo [A+].mkv_snapshot_05.15_[2024.04.28_13.02.08].jpg

Source: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [s03e05] Ā© FX Networks, LLC, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->