The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Anja

A while back I was doing a search for whatever reason and randomly came across some early posts in Anja's first thread on tFS. Ironically, the concern then was that her size would impede her success as a model, specifically she was considered too big / hippy. I did not read every single posts but none of the posts I read were nasty, however a few posters thought that her size would be an issue with her getting work.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ETA (sorry, ran out of time:(
IIRC, one of the posters knew Anja (not sure how well) and stated that her size was a concern. I can't remember who the concerned parties were - presumably agents, clients and / or potential clients, so it was not just idle internet chatter.

-----
FYI about the use of "^"
^ - means one post up.
^^ - means two posts up.
^^^ - means three posts up.

I am not trying to be obnoxious about it, but it gets confusing (to me at least) what post is being referenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caught a gentleman named Bryan Bixler on Dr. Oz's show a few days ago. He was battling anorexia and reached lower than 75 lbs. I didn't see why or how it started, but I think it's interesting to hear about not just females suffering from eating disorders.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Let me just say that hoooooooooly crap, he looked a lot better when he wasn't emaciated.

-----
FYI about the use of "^"
^ - means one post up.
^^ - means two posts up.
^^^ - means three posts up.

I am not trying to be obnoxious about it, but it gets confusing (to me at least) what post is being referenced.

thanks - it always bugs me when people use it wrong

Just watch the 60Minutes interview on YouTube and you will get to know who is Gemma...

does anyone have the link to that full documentary ? all i can find on youtube is part one an two

Sasha did not get booked less because she got bigger
Im sure Sasha doesnt even have to go to castings
she just picks the shows she wants to do....she takes a break almost every
season now...so im sure that season was her biggest break

First time on this thread :smile:
So, this is Vika Mostovnikova and could you tell me do you think that she need to lost weight for runway or not?

Her stats are:
80-59-85

action-management

And please no comment that she is short, Amanda Norgaard is also short and on runway, but she is much thiner.

With the biggest hopes, I hope it's just a photoshop..

PLEINSUD via Teja

^ is that tiuu? it's hard to tell. if so, i think she's all right. she's always been a glowing, healthy beauty. not to mention she's 6'2 and very lean.

Vika has a really nice body IMO, which means she's not going to do runway...none of my fave models do runway much :rofl:

The difference between Amanda and Vika is that Amanda is extraordinarily beautiful while Vika is just convertionally pretty. She could lose weight all she wants without going anywhere. Height/propotions could also be a problem as she will most likely suffer from this so-called "lollipop syndrom" a la Snejana when losing weight. Well, moreover Vika is placed to Direct NY which is Women's high end commercial division, so runway will most likely never be an option for her.

shudder. nevermind then. :ninja:

bit of a double standard, no? obviously it's the same body either way, but when we think it's Tiiu it looks okay, and when we find out it's just Olga, that's cringeworthy? ...

next.png

next.co.uk

those legs... how can they even support a human?

^ its got a zoom in button... .and it doesn't LOOK like photoshop, but then I'm no expert.

and even if it is photoshop.... its giving totally the wrong message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->