The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Erin H used to have some issues anyway? I remember she looked really sick and emaciated when she started out.
I really hate the way they talk about eating, too. And I also hate the fact that instead of just being proud of who they are (or admitting that they are proud to look like this, as I'm sure it's the case with Chanel) and that they're labeled as being 'sexy' since they're in VS they tell us they wanted to look different? Ugh. At least she said "too skinny isn't sexy" because that can actually be true. But promoting fatty food on TV is ridiculous, expecially coming from super skinny models. Can't they just say that they are naturally as skinny but they eat healthy also?

What Chanel's saying in that video just sounds defensive. Whether it's true or not, it sounds like she's been accused of starving herself one too many times and will say anything to get people off her back - except it doesn't sound that believable. Eating cheeseburgers, hamburgers etc. besides the show is gloating at best and totally false at worst... I think even Chanel's stomach would stick out if she ate that kind of foods directly before the runway. And who feels sexy after eating a cheeseburger? Mmmm, sexy high cholesterol...

tumblr_la36xtWdU21qztxibo1_400.jpg

moonratus.tumblr.com

I understand using slim bodies as not to distract from the clothing, but the opposite is happening here.

^Well the entire cut of that shirt is just geared towards displaying the chest (or lack thereof). Crude taste, crude cut. I wonder where the original picture came from?

Sternums... :(

Chanel, who was nineteen years old and in response to a question posed to her by interviewer, made a point of saying "I," she was speaking for herself (and I agree that she may have been slightly defensive) and she was even talking about in preparation for the show, and if you look at her at the VSFS, she was less twiggy legged than we have seen her, so my conclusion is that she was told to fatten up or she figured out for herself that that would be a good thing. Now at the same time, I have seen videos of Adriana, Alessandra and Candice discussing that they work out, and one or more of them stated that they work out more in the run up to the show. They readily admit to having trainers, they give shout outs to their trainers, they profess love for their trainers - they talk about their trainers more than their boyfriends.

As others have stated, they cover up Chanel, and yet boxy Gisele and Doutzen wore bikinis, as did thick-thighed Tyra and birthing hips Heidi, and non-waif Behati wore a cutout one piece this year, so there is ample proof supporting Erin's assertion that VS likes curves, especially when it comes to the angels and the contract models, with the exception of Chanel and a couple of others. So what's the problem here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel, who was nineteen years old and in response to a question posed to her by interviewer, made a point of saying "I," she was speaking for herself (and I agree that she may have been slightly defensive) and she was even talking about in preparation for the show, and if you look at her at the VSFS, she was less twiggy legged than we have seen her, so my conclusion is that she was told to fatten up or she figured out for herself that that would be a good thing. Now at the same time, I have seen videos of Adriana, Alessandra and Candice discussing that they work out, and one or more of them stated that they work out more in the run up to the show. They readily admit to having trainers, they give shout outs to their trainers, they profess love for their trainers - they talk about their trainers more than their boyfriends.

As others have stated, they cover up Chanel, and yet boxy Gisele and Doutzen wore bikinis, as did thick-thighed Tyra and birthing hips Heidi, and non-waif Behati wore a cutout one piece this year, so there is ample proof supporting Erin's assertion that VS likes curves, especially when it comes to the angels and the contract models, with the exception of Chanel and a couple of others. So what's the problem here?

So why the f*ck have VS hired Chanel, Lindsay Ellingson & Erin?:rolleyes:

Chanel is so irritating but she's very lean, twiggy and narrow. That's her build. I honestly don't think she could have the body of Tyra or Naomi or her idol, Adriana Lima, if she tried.:ninja: I'm not even gonna start on Erin. She's so awkward looking to me.:blink: There definitely isn't something right about that stomach of hers.

Speaking of the VS girls, I really want Alessandra Ambrosio to put on some weight.:( Her body looked awful in the show. She looked nearly emaciated. She's a twig right now. She used to be stunning with a nice body but she's lost her looks.:doh: Eat a double cheese burger, Ale. Please. Along with some fries and extra ketchup.

So why the f*ck have VS hired Chanel, Lindsay Ellingson & Erin?:rolleyes:

BooBoo read the rest of my post, after the part you highlighted, I wrote "especially when it comes to the angels and the contract models, with the exception of Chanel and a couple of others."

ETA;
But again, you have what is typical VS and what is the exception, and curvy is typical (non-PINK) VS and skinny is the exception. Really what it seems like they are doing is hiring girls for their personality and beauty (as defined by acceptance by the general public / the buyers of VS products) as they mature, if they are contributing to the bottom line, they are allowed to get a little bigger / curvier. Adriana Lima was similarly scrawny when she started working for VS, I think that Chanel may actually have bigger boobs in comparison to young Adriana.

Last edited by a moderator:
On topic, please

This thread will be temporarily closed for cleaning due to a high volume of general medical discussion and bickering.

Please take this time to review the thread rules. If the thread continues to stray off topic it may be removed permanently. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Note: the thread will be momentarily locked for a complete review. thank you for understanding.

Moderator's Note:

The moderators have been discussing the impact and future of this "trial" thread and have made the following decision:

We are no longer going to have a thread dedicated to weight discussions. We found that, despite having specific rules for discussion and ongoing moderation, the thread kept going off topic with prohibited discussion of medical advice and unpleasant disagreements between members.

We do not find that this topic contributes positively to discussion at the Fashion Spot.

The rule prohibiting weight discussion in all areas of the forums is still in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->