Bi-racial/mixed models

_hannah said:
is natasha poly mixed ? she looks tanned for a russian girl.
I believe she's part oriental. I've seen oriental people who have the same face shape that Natasha has (square jaw and wide forehead).

You can kind of see it in her eyes too.

Someone stated in Katja's thread that they met her and she stated she's not part Somali. But her looks say otherwise. She probably doesn't know herself. May not be Somali, but there is def something else more than "Russian", I can see it. She's got a soultry vibe to her. I don't know what it is. Exotic look, nonetheless.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came from the VS site...I don't why Adriana is listed as half Indonesian in the VS show lineup.. I've only heard her state Native,African, and Swiss.

They're always adding something to Adriana's mix. She's just a Brazillian of Native American, African, and Swiss descent.

I was asking if she has half "Hispanic-Latina" and half European.

Excuse my ignorance.:rolleyes:

^ No need for attitude >>;

She's probably just a Brazilian of German descent like Gisele.

Oh no, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I think I explained myself wrong. My bad for the typo or w/e.

^ It was your smilie. It's rolling its eyes so it made you sound rude.

No harm done ^^!

oolie coco said:
If this is true, none of these qualify as white, do they? She's Asian and Middle Eastern... but I don't think she's Caucasian?

Yea. I don't know if that's true about her heritage, but from other sites I've found that listed. If it is then She's Pacific Islander, European, and Middle-eastern. I can def see some Asian in her. The eyeshape and how far apart they are.

Loving this thread!

gia0202 said:
i don't really consider hispanics mixed. i am hispanic. i am not mixed because i think that is a cultural experience adn a political status. besides basically all african-americans are part white.. it doesn't make them mixed, becasue that lack that cultural identity. otherwise we would list every single person on this site as mixed, cuz to some extent none of us are"pure"

Well I am Latina and I consider us to be very mixed for the most part. As someone who identifies herself as part Afro-Cuban it's important that people know that we can be Hispanic and Black as the former does not equal a race but a culture. There are many Hispanics in my family who are all African rooted but are Spanish speaking and culturally idenitfy with Latino culture. There are many Latinos in my family who are Caucasian (hailing from Spain) and only came into the family through marriage. Others are mestiza or mulatto (Native American and Spanish or Black and Spanish respectively).

A lot of darker skinned Latinos who you know are obviously mixed with Black will try to hide it. But as us Latinos negros come into our own history, we are starting to recognize that we are just as beautiful and just as Latino as any light skinned Latino and at the same time we are also proud of our Black/African ancestry and embrace it the way African-Americans have embraced.

I love to see models like Ana Beatriz (who has claimed African heritage), Adriana, and A. Taveres step up and represent as mixed women and having African heritage. It's an awesome thing to come from the days of Claudia Mason denying her heritage to someone as popular and lustworthy as Adriana proudly stating it.

VitaLuv said:
Well I am Latina and I consider us to be very mixed for the most part. As someone who identifies herself as part Afro-Cuban it's important that people know that we can be Hispanic and Black as the former does not equal a race but a culture. There are many Hispanics in my family who are all African rooted but are Spanish speaking and culturally idenitfy with Latino culture. There are many Latinos in my family who are Caucasian (hailing from Spain) and only came into the family through marriage. Others are mestiza or mulatto (Native American and Spanish or Black and Spanish respectively).

A lot of darker skinned Latinos who you know are obviously mixed with Black will try to hide it. But as us Latinos negros come into our own history, we are starting to recognize that we are just as beautiful and just as Latino as any light skinned Latino and at the same time we are also proud of our Black/African ancestry and embrace it the way African-Americans have embraced.

I love to see models like Ana Beatriz (who has claimed African heritage), Adriana, and A. Taveres step up and represent as mixed women and having African heritage. It's an awesome thing to come from the days of Claudia Mason denying her heritage to someone as popular and lustworthy as Adriana proudly stating it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Speaking from a mixed background myself (Irish-American, Black, British-Barbadian) it depends on the person. I see no need to place me in a colour bracket. I look at myself as being West-Indian American because the West Indies is so diverse. I think we should put up the picture of a mixed model we like the ethnicity of the model and move on. If we want to discuss the whole race issue that should be a different thread. Does anyone agree with me?

Hi people these are some mixed models I found:
Chloe Goodrum: African American/Russian
IMG Models NY
000000084904-chloe_goodrum-fullsize.jpg

Sabina Karlsson: Swedish/ African
Why Not Models
000000104300-sabina_karlsson-fullsize.jpg

Naomi Campbell: Chinese/Jamaican
000000091531-naomi_campbell-fullsize.jpg

Chanel Iman: African American/Korean
000000145618-chanel_iman-fullsize.jpg

Camille Yi: American/ Korean