Non-Leather & Vegan Handbags

Reaction score
I'm looking for a vegan bag for a friend. IE no leather, suede, or other animal products at all. She knows of Vera Bradley, but is looking for other options. Does anybody know of anything else.

If she wants an actual designer, Stella McCartney doesn't use animal products.

Non-leather bags for fashionistas with moral objections?

I'm new to this, but it seems to me that all the TOP bags are all made of leather. Pleather or other materials are frowned upon and only used as a cost-saving measure for those of us on a budget.

Personally, I do wear leather but I usually can forget what it "is", except when I see croc-skin. I know this is quite a valuable leather, but it's also a leather that really reminds me that it was once someone's skin.

Anyways, I figure, there must be fashionistas out there who aren't comfortable sporting leather. What alternatives do they have that are still haute couture?

There are many fabric bags like tweed, canvas, nylon, and crochet. You just need to find one that you like the best. It doesn't have to be leather to be nice or desirable but of course some people prefer leather because it is more durable.

Stella McCartney makes nice-looking non-leather bags ... think there may be a thread about this ...

Hm, I guess I was under the impression that canvas and nylon were seen as tacky. I'm glad to hear that this may not always be the case!

chnel has some nice tweed bags, they dont lkook tacky at all to me

Practically any material can be used to make fantastic bags. There are fabulous nylon bags, just like there are tacky leather ones.

tons of lv bags are non-leather.
coated canvas.
same as burberry and etro.

Pretty much every bag has a BIT of leather in it. The Chanel boucle bags have the leather and gilt strap, LV has the vachetta handles and piping, same with Burberry.

Yasmin said:
Hm, I guess I was under the impression that canvas and nylon were seen as tacky. I'm glad to hear that this may not always be the case!

This bag is described as canvas ... it will set you back a mere $1445 ... (neimanmarcus.com, Prada)

So are you ready to give us an update ... how is your personal style quest coming along? :wink: :flower:

Here's a cute, non-leather bag I found on girlshop for $145.

Attachments

• glju_moroccan_bag.jpg
    glju_moroccan_bag.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, I was simply addressing the issue of canvas/nylon as tacky. This comes in better colorways, but this was the first one I stumbled upon & I was feeling a bit lazy :P :wink:

Please, Opinions on this vegan bag. I love it and if anyone has one, dish!

via vegan

Matt & Nat bags are FANTASTIC :woot: I don't own one but I've always wanted to. Next time I go to Montreal I'm getting one. They are good quality from what I've heard and really cool :smile:

lesportsac bags!!!
they're 100% nylon...cotton straps... not the prettiest bags, but they serve their purpose, are very functionable and durable. you can't beat the prices, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->