Vera Bradley

Eloise

Reaction score
Does anyone else love Vera Bradley bags?

Cute names + cute prints + lots of color = cute bags!

I love them. If I am wearing a plain outfit I can put on one of these and voila it's a new outfit! I like using some villagers as a bookbag for school. I think I have more Veras than any other bag.

15147_me.jpg
little betsy in bees

11865_me.jpg
toggle tote

67290_me.jpg
a vera in tweed?

11529_me.jpg
villager in apple green (my fave)

Okay other Vera lovers, I know you're out there.

I have the Itsy Betsy (? I know it's the medium sized Betsy), in sherbert, but I haven't used it yet. I bought in the summer, so I might use it this coming spring/summer.

I personally find it ugly and cheap looking. Very Tacky. The print is very 1980 and grandma-ish. Obviously I'm not a fan.

Does anyone else love Vera Bradley bags? Okay other Vera lovers, I know you're out there.
Oh they're out there, all right. On the cruise ships.

Okay, sorry - nothing against the bags themselves, but I've only seen them worn by suburban women nearing retirement.

I have one that I use as a gym bag. It's barrel shaped, yellow, from the breast cancer line... :smile:

They look like something you'd carry around your knitting materials in... :unsure:

not really my thing... screams "grandma" :ermm:

I love them. I love how they are so organized inside. I have a few & buy at least one every year at the BIG sale we have at the Coliseum. One of the big reasons I like them so much & keep buying them is because they are big into helping breast cancer charity. Lately Ive been buying them for my mom & grandma because I have so many right now (Im so picky about the ones I like) & I want to continue to help the charity.

Very cute, maybe too cute. It's screaming 'happy jolly happiness' which scares me off :cry: They would look better to me if they had less bees and butterflies on it, it's just too much.

I personally love VB. A year ago, I would have cringed at the thought of me carrying a vera bag, but they've really grown on me. I'm a huge fan of the Nantucket print myself. I think of vera bags as an inexpensive accessory that I don't have to care for constantly.

well you preppy prepster, you have company!

love my veras, got my first large tote when i was 10 for ballet class!!!! now i have a few more, all monogrammed of course-- they're great for travel imo b/c they're soft, light, inexpensive:heart: . generally i strive for pure luxe minimalist style, when i was in college i carried my books in a bottega suede tote, but veras were part of my preppy suburban childhood, and regardless of how pukably happy they are i will regress to them along with lilly pulitzer and jack rogers, FOREVER.:P

although i don't carry mine casually, i imagine they could be done ironically enough to be acceptable . . . like the boat shoes trend . . . i have no idea how, but now you've got me thinking . . .
btw, do you stick with collecting in one pattern, collecting the ones they don't make anymore, or just buying the ones that suit you randomly? i personally go with the multiple clashing patterns at once for travel purposes.

hate them with a passion. All the sorority girls carried them around at my old university, always made me want to puke. they reek of granny/diaper bag.

and they thought they were so in style wearing them... ugh.

Not a fan. They are all over my college campus, and it's just overload.
My friend has one though, and we jokingly tease her that it looks like a bag that you would carry a cat in ( her "Catbag") which grosses her out because she hates cats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have 2 and they are both a discontinued pattern. One is a gigantic (19"tall) Vera tote and the matching barrel shaped duffel. I actually love Vera Bradley because it can be used and abused and then you can just wash it. The handles are super comfy because they are cloth and don't cut into you. I do have a couple of Vera lookalikes too.

i have it for luggage for short trips- Florida, weekend in New Orleans, going to Jackson or Ole Miss, sometimes a carry-on for a plane when I forget to pack the night before- but not as a purse! The flat iron cover is awesome though!!

fascinating... such different/strong opinions. oh well- to each his own. i am not a fan of these bags, but i do like gramma-ish stuff & gaudy happy looking things

oceanharlot said:
hate them with a passion. All the sorority girls carried them around at my old university, always made me want to puke. they reek of granny/diaper bag.

and they thought they were so in style wearing them... ugh.

yeah same here
last year all the sorority girls started carrying them.. it was absolutely :sick:

I recieved a Vera duffel as a graduation gift last year. At first I hated it but then it started to grow on me. The pink/orange paisley is pretty much the only pattern I like and I would only use it as luggage. I also have a quilted black Vera purse and I like it a lot. It is a lot more basic looking than most of her stuff.

By the way, I am new here. I've been lurking for awhile because I couldn't post for some reason. Just wanted to introduce myself : )

not a fan AT ALL.
i only see three groups carrying these bags.
soccer moms
elderly women
sorority/college girls.
and while i'm college age, i'm not a sorority girl. hah.

i just can't find the appeal...(except that they're probably easy to clean...and lightweight.) ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->