Pairing Shoes with Clothes Help Thread

I think Gladiators look good with most anything that shows them off- long shorts, skinny rolled up jeans and dresses. Most anything, just not a really preppy outfit although those to me are just sort of gladiatorish. I think they could look nice with a shaped black sleeveless sheath dress. I think being black yours could even be sort of dressy, but not like a satin ball gown...

I do not, but traditionally mocassins are worn with denim. I think the blue and brown match well colorwise. just something like skinny and not flared jeans so the shoes are covered...

that would be cute also....

sometimes i forget I came along in the 70s and "hippy chicks" dressed differently than today... :hardhead:

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! I think that would be great. Something not so "Little house on the Prairie" or "Western". Simple color to go with the mocasins and pretty flowers to give color and the zigzag pattern adds just enough to tie the dress in with the American Indian/ Western.

i just wish they have forever 21 over here in england :( theres so much stuff i want off their website, i wish delivery costs were lower!

A color combo I've started to admire more is dark blue + red. This is a dark blue top paired with red bottoms or accessories. That dress (Post #545) is pretty casual, so I wouldn't go for anything real dressy. I'm thinking of high-heel wedge espadrilles with a cork or straw base. Espadrilles nowadays are more like slingback peep-toe wedge pumps, but I've always known them as mostly flat with many wraps for your ankles. A white pair of high-heel sandals also wouldn't hurt for that dress either. If you fancy red, then just disregard what I said about white-colored shoes and go with red-colored shoes.

i just wish they have forever 21 over here in england :( theres so much stuff i want off their website, i wish delivery costs were lower!

I think that they have a special promotional shipping cost of $35 on anything you order (no matter how much the cost of the order is)

platform booties.

this is my first post!
i just got these yesterday
what would you wear with them?
im VERY plain.

taken with nikon dslr
DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

taken with macbook
Photo1103.jpg

Photo1102.jpg

How do I wear these Chloe triple strap flats? I bought them years ago, but I somehow never manage to wear them. I think I wore them at the beginning of last summer with these black Helmut Lang bubble slouchy shorts and a plain tee. They always look so akward. :/

4493_1100910801188_1179223151_30307254_3404127_n.jpg

photo credit: me (bad Blackberry photo)

Kate Bosworth has them.

L4L2.jpg

photo credit: fab sugar.

this is my first post!
i just got these yesterday
what would you wear with them?
im VERY plain.

taken with nikon dslr

taken with macbook

those would look awesome with stonewash skinny jeans and a bomber leather jacket or sheep skin vest

What would you suggest to wear with these?
topshop_paparazzi_01.jpg

I think the boots would also look good with a dress or skirt, although it it were a mini it might lok a tad sl*tty which is okay to me, especially for night time. I think skinny jeans would be great.

Dego- with shoes like that "nothing" :wink: Seriously... I think the simplest would be a brown skirt. I think those are sort of classic so I would have something sort of taylored or smart and sort of conservative due to the T-straps and coloring and rounded toe. I think more monochromatic so as not to over power the shoes so they are kind of the focal point. But, with the design of the shoe definately a skinny skirt and the tighter the better. I think if you wore them to a party a knee length hobble skirt would look adorable. Nothing to festishy of course... However, whenever my wife asked for help with an outfit I always have her pick out the shoes first and work my way up. I think in a way those shoes are very conservative so something conservative and fitted. If you wore a jacket more like a peplum jacket instead of a menswear one. The shoes are very feminine so perhaps a long sleeve silk blouse with one of those pusy-cat bows around your neck that was a topic in trends last fall. You could wear Greta Garbo pants, but it would be such a waste to cover those shoes up because they are so utterly delightful and pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm thinking about buying these boots.
what would look great with them?:flower:
topshop.com

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2010-01-06 om 13.18.56.png
    Schermafbeelding 2010-01-06 om 13.18.56.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
dego what about something like this:Pict netaporter.com and mytheresa.com

Attachments

• roland mouret dress.jpg
    roland mouret dress.jpg