Pairing Shoes with Clothes Help Thread

Hey everyone,

I've recently bought this dress for a night out for my birthday:
hussy_dress02_zoomsize.jpg

credit: hussy.com.au

And I have no idea what shoes to wear it with. I was thinking of wearing it with these shoes:
StockImage.jpg

credit: shoebox.com.au

In reality the shoes are a shade or two darker, so it doesn't look as bad as it does online, but I can't for the life of me find shoes that match this dress. :/ Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Did you want it to be a pump? I was thinking more along the lines of a platform sandal..you could do black if it's for night time too. Or a black ankle boot since it's so girly..

Miss Mixey How about some jeans with a white or black top?
Christina! Woah, those are some killer wedges! I think you'll have to wear it with something just black and nothing else, or jeans. Maybe black skirt or dress. Or jeans with black jumper on cold occasions?

*Please do NOT quote the images*

Any good ideas on what would look good with these? I'm crazy for them, wanna use them alot - but i need some inspiration! :blush:

Oh my god, those shoes are adorable on your feet! ^_^

I think you could wear almost anything with it! Think like leggies, skinnies, skirt/dress..:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a vintage dress in a blue/green print, but with no sleeves and a straight skirt, nipped in at the waist.

It looks great with my standard black pumps, but it's such a fun dress, I'd like to try styling it a bit more modern/urban and less prim and and vintage. I was thinking I might add tights or leggings and something a little less conservative as far as shoe color. What else do you think might work? I think a coordinating blue or green might be too matchy matchy... Maybe some heels in an opposing color, like a yellow or red? (Or will that just look like I got dressed in the dark?)

don't laugh, I know they are simple white shoes but I dont know what to wear with them.I always feel like they are so flashy white and then I get embarrassed:smile:

chictopia.com

trueup, it's a beautiful dress! I agree that blue or green heels would be too much, but red sounds great! Maybe red ballet flats? I imagine black tights would look great with it too, but I say no to the leggings.
Try adding some other accessories to make it fun, like a belt or pile on some necklaces or do something with your hair?
bad seed, I would wear them with cute summer dresses, shorts, skinny or boyfriend jeans. The more you wear them, the less white they will become :wink:
hope this helps...

^thanks for helping out. I would definitely go with the summer dress idea. it sounds lovely.:smile:

hi everyone! i recently splurged on a few pair and i'm having a rough time figuring out what to wear with my new boots specifically. I also have studded CL vp's that will be fun to pair with a few outfits. any advice and pics would help thanks!

Attachments

• brian atwood.jpg
    brian atwood.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 201
  • dolce vita.jpg
    dolce vita.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 202
  • studded cl.jpg
    studded cl.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 203
:doh:oops sorry. how do i do that? the top images are from saks and the last one i forgot whaer i found it:blush:

thanks! You do it just the way you did - mention them in the following post because edit option is only available for first 10 minutes after posting :flower:
you can read more about crediting here
:flower:

[Advice needed] Which shoes for this look?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the fashion spot and right a way a question. Also I'm not so good about fashion and things but working on it. Recently I've come up with the idea of dressing old style. Therefore I also need some kinky shoes but sturggle of which one would fit. So this is something i've come up with (see me in the picture).

But now what kind of shoes would look good to wear with? Classy, modern, rough leather,.... brown, black,....

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and advice :smile:

kanapee

Attachments

• shoes_adivce.jpg
    shoes_adivce.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 93b2b9b552c9ae661c40d76d77fd8fea.jpg
    93b2b9b552c9ae661c40d76d77fd8fea.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 128
  • df5468a1c49f4e7d2c552134d36a9884.jpg
    df5468a1c49f4e7d2c552134d36a9884.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 128
  • this_01.jpg
    this_01.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1
gomtik--I recommend tall, black, flat, leather boots. or black ankle booties (with heels or flat). :smile:

What Color shoe should i wear with a gray dress?

I have a gray dress and want to make it more spring. What color shoes should i wear?

zettie--try something monotone or light colored (i.e. light browns) like kate bosworth did here:

Kate-Bosworth001.jpg

(shopstyleceleb.com)

One of my closest friends is getting married and I'm a bridesmaid... she wanted things to be a bit quirky, so rather than being a nazi about matching dresses, she had us each pick our own dress within the colour scheme (mustard yellow and a terracotta orange/pink.)

I got this lovely mustard just cavalli frock:
tumblr_lhpwv3WpZS1qzsaat.jpg

two questions: How should I style this for the wedding? I'm lost as to what sort of shoes to wear! The bride doesn't want us in strappy sandals but wants a formal-ish type heeled shoe... I think the clunky brown Marc by Marc maryjanes I've got on above might be a little too casual.

And, after the wedding, any ideas for what shoes to pair it with in the fuutre? I played around with it a little bit (see below) but really want to wear it more, as it's very beautiful and was quite expensive... but I don't usually wear things this colourful or girly and am still a little stuck since my wardrobe is mostly clunky wedges, oxfords, and boots!

tumblr_lhpx2pS8lU1qzsaat.jpg
tumblr_lhpwy7pdHu1qzsaat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->