Phoebe Philo - Designer

is it just me, but i,m already bored of the newnew PP.
when i got the latest link to the new edit i didn't even care to go to the web page.
i could only afford the sunglasses at the moment anyway... lol

is it just me, but i,m already bored of the newnew PP.
when i got the latest link to the new edit i didn't even care to go to the web page.
i could only afford the sunglasses at the moment anyway... lol
Seriously, though, who can afford it? And the sunglasses are one of the absolute best things in there. The "Peak" model is a must-have, they're so badass (I didn't get them, just because I already own the old Céline "Edge" pair, which is fairly similar).

Clothwise, the only thing that impressed me was an asymmetrical tunic top that looks crazy beautiful on top of pants. Otherwise, I'm not that impressed in this regard.

But the accessory game in these drops is strong, particularly the supersized bags (they're seriously the perfect totes with the sleekest design to fit in all your life). I am also loving the asymmetrical sandals in this latest drop and am waiting for these ones to appear (which is what I will really buy )

Untitled-13.jpg

Now, can we have an exclusivity for London and Paris?
I’m not particularly mad about the eshop because I think, when it comes to sizing, those who bought her Celine are entering a familiar territory but I would love to see all the products displayed.

For me Phoebe Philo is More Browns/Le Bon Marché but I guess she might go for Harrods and La Samaritaine.

That’s a big coup for Linda Fargo.
It’s a pity Barney’s doesn’t exist anymore because PP is really Barney’s.

Totally agree, same with colette in Paris. Personally, I’ll be eagerly waiting at the Bergdorfs entrance bright and early.

Is there a reason for this, apart from the possibility to sell stock still available from the website? It somehow feels too random to be part of a proper strategy

Totally agree, same with colette in Paris. Personally, I’ll be eagerly waiting at the Bergdorfs entrance bright and early.
I think she is more Le Bon Marché than Colette, even if having an exclusivity at Colette was great for hype, on a long term, it’s maybe less relevant IMO.
Is there a reason for this, apart from the possibility to sell stock still available from the website? It somehow feels too random to be part of a proper strategy
Just selling online is not sustainable long-term wise for such a small structure.
Bergdorf and the other retailers she will choose will provide the kind of services she can’t now. And I think it’s more convenient for customers. They will try the clothes, be familiar with the cut and everything before purchasing online.

That allows her to develop a system of delivery and really organize her logistic because, as I have said, her biggest challenge in the future, will be the Asian market.

She can reach international customers by being at stores like Bergdorf but eventually, for her growth, she will have to penetrate directly the market.

And I think it’s clever too that they are stocking first and second edit.

Her first year in business will be positive I think.

Now, can we have an exclusivity for London and Paris?
I’m not particularly mad about the eshop because I think, when it comes to sizing, those who bought her Celine are entering a familiar territory but I would love to see all the products displayed.

For me Phoebe Philo is More Browns/Le Bon Marché but I guess she might go for Harrods and La Samaritaine.

Browns 10 years ago, absolutely. Last time I went to Browns it was a Gen-Z jersey nightmare.

Its important to remember the whole point of the online first was to gauge interest and allow the brand to pivot. Bergdorf being their first SIS just means that NY is their biggest client base. They couldnt have known that without selling online … they could have gotten a vague idea through indirect data sources like mailing lists, instagram user data, previous Celiné clients…

I think putting all the drops makes perfect sense. Yes they are trying to sell through all the stock. Its a business.

IMO the BG client truly is global - PP doesnt really need more outlets at the moment. Now the BG client in Johannesburg can contact her SA who knows her sizes and can get her PP finally … BG has an international reputation for having exclusives nobody else has … similar to collette but tbh its less fashiony but the exclusives are generally ball gowns fur coats and cocktail rings

If I were to do another door it would be at lane crawford in HK.

Last edited:
In HK, actually maybe Joyce. In Tokyo, Isetan.

I wouldn't buy anything online, because I wouldn't know how things fit, and it's too much trouble to return things. I live in Asia anyway, so I can't access her products.

I was a Céline customer for several years, but I always insisted on trying things on before buying anything. Even then, there were things that didn't always fit consistently - armholes in a coat, or the rise in a pair of trousers. I understood, because in many ways her Céline was constantly evolving (that made it exciting), but I wouldn't have the confidence to buy something from the website, without knowing how it would fit on me.

I think Bergdorfs is a smart move for PP. I haven't been able to see any of the product in person yet, and this will absolutely be a great way for her client to see the pieces.

Browns 10 years ago, absolutely. Last time I went to Browns it was a Gen-Z jersey nightmare.
Ahaha! I mean those are the luxury consumers lol.
But she will probably be at Harrods.

The good thing about London compared to Paris is that the local consumer is as much as consumer as the international one.

Paris is good for prestige and tourism but there’s no strong local clientele (except for Celine).

Seriously, though, who can afford it? And the sunglasses are one of the absolute best things in there. The "Peak" model is a must-have, they're so badass (I didn't get them, just because I already own the old Céline "Edge" pair, which is fairly similar).

Clothwise, the only thing that impressed me was an asymmetrical tunic top that looks crazy beautiful on top of pants. Otherwise, I'm not that impressed in this regard.

But the accessory game in these drops is strong, particularly the supersized bags (they're seriously the perfect totes with the sleekest design to fit in all your life). I am also loving the asymmetrical sandals in this latest drop and am waiting for these ones to appear (which is what I will really buy )

View attachment 1258104
Wang did the same shoes for his Balenciaga debut collection. I am not impressed.
And I find her bags HORRIBLE. Overpriced, basic construction, basic leather ( just some expensive smooth calf nappa... YAWN).
1712644230377.png

Wang did the same shoes for his Balenciaga debut collection. I am not impressed.
And I find her bags HORRIBLE. Overpriced, basic construction, basic leather ( just some expensive smooth calf nappa... YAWN).
View attachment 1259751
I've already mentioned at least three times on this forum that Phoebe took her inspiration for these shoes (and also the cape sandals FYI) from Wang. However, inspired as they may be, they are not a carbon copy, they are more like edgy Mary Janes (which is what I'm looking for). I want you to show me one single pair of shoes in this style this season that are better than this and I'll take it back. I doubt you will.

Second, designing perfectly minimalist and structured bags is not as simple as you think, unless you don't understand minimalism. There are a million simple and basics things out there and 99.9% of them are imperfect. The giant totes are the absolute perfect minimalist bags. Are they overpriced? No doubt about it, however, I'd recommend you to yawn at what bores you within your style.

I guess this has to do more with difficult online customer service. Obviously a bag that costs more than $5,000 need very special customer service. PP team does not look like it. Having these major retailers can work wonders

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->