Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

When Oscar de la Renta was angry with Grace Mirabella for not including any hats in a September issue of Vogue. (I read this in her memoir).

Alaia sounds delusional and bitter and salty. Like when I was younger and less serious about participating in society this attitude would be cute. Now, Im so repelled by it. It's not a chic attitude; not suited for international business. His business is small because of his attitude its that simple...

Just let us enjoy your work. Yes they will know Anna because she attached herself to Lagerfeld... Anna isnt letting anyone mess with her legacy

Azzedine Alaïa Interview with Eric Waroll for Virgine Magazine, shares his thoughts on Anna Wintour (and Kaiser Karl Lagerfeld)
View attachment 1269512
Full Interview:
Azzedine Alaïa Interview | V I R G I N E
I agree on both parts, KL not being a couturier but a stylist and Azzedine is 100% right about AW; she has no taste, in just into business and PR, and scares people. She's supposedly the power queen in fashion but she can't offer more than tenniswomen and a rather infamous hollywood family in the weakest covers and eds.

Last edited:
I feel like what makes all that conflict so great is they were all talented and worthy opponents. I was just thinking oh wow wouldn't it be fun if we had that today, but idk if I'd care if Jacquemus called Kim Jones fat or something. Actually maybe I would lol that would be funny but you know what I mean.

The disappearance of Christophe Decarnin.

He brought Balmain back from the dead in 2006, did not attend his show in March 2011 amid reports from NYT that he had "stopped communicating with the company's management" and was officially out a month later.

christophedecarnin.jpg
source: THEFASHIONISTO.COM

Flash forward to 2014, he became CD of... Faith Connexion; and has been pretty elusive ever since.

Azzedine Alaïa Interview with Eric Waroll for Virgine Magazine, shares his thoughts on Anna Wintour (and Kaiser Karl Lagerfeld)
View attachment 1269512
Full Interview:
Azzedine Alaïa Interview | V I R G I N E
God knows how I love Azzedine but I’ve always found this interview a bit intellectually dishonest.

But he was right when he said that Karl’s motto wasn’t a great example for young talents. He was able to do what he did in his 70s and 80s because he had 50 years of career behind.

I wonder how he considered Yves though if Karl isn’t a couturier. Yves had it easier than Karl technically as he got to Dior and then created his own brand. Out of their whole generation he is the only one who had a background as a seamstress or modéliste.

And then I wonder if he would have loved Anna Wintour if she wore ALAÏA.
Her style is what it is. It suits her. I preferred the conservative style of Franca for example. But are Katie Grand or Carla Sozzani good dressers? I take Anna all day next to them even if they wears ALAÏA all the time.

This aesthetically controversial 1965 wedding dress by Yves Saint Laurent.

I've always referred to that dress as the couture tampon.

The disappearance of Christophe Decarnin.

He brought Balmain back from the dead in 2006, did not attend his show in March 2011 amid reports from NYT that he had "stopped communicating with the company's management" and was officially out a month later.

View attachment 1269692
source: THEFASHIONISTO.COM

Flash forward to 2014, he became CD of... Faith Connexion; and has been pretty elusive ever since.

I recall something about him going to a mental health treatment facility. I remember it was significant because it was shortly after Galliano's outburst/breakdown and before that McQueen's passing, some people wondered if these big designers were being pushed too hard.

On another note, Lady Gaga at the Mugler show where several girls nearly tripped. And Dolce & Gabbana's gold Motorola Razr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->