Prada Menswear F/W 12.13 by David Sims

RaisinBoy

Reaction score
Prada A/W 2012 Menswear Campaign featuring Gary Oldman, Jamie Bell, Garrett Hedlund & Willem Dafoe. Source: post-er.maudhomme.cz

tumblrm538yd0k5i1rq9saw.jpg

Probably by David Sims

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, the campaign is as costume-ish as the collection itself. But meanwhile the collection does not lack drama or a vision, the campaign (as far as I can tell from the first picture) does. :-/ Not something I would expect from Prada.

I expected to be blown away by this campaign but i'm not.
Is this the campaign anyway? Looks like a backstage shot and there was also a male model in it if i'm not mistaken.

It's definately NOT a backstage shot - they were wearing different looks.

It looks like a legitimate campaign, i'm not surprised nor dissapointed with the outcome of this campaign, it's about time Miuccia stopped cherishing the models with the campaigns (and young actors). I look forward to seeing the more bolder pieces in the campaign (and Mr. Brody too).

Thanks for clearing that up, it's still not a great campaign.
Also, new male model Hassan Kassem said in an interview that he worked for Prada with David Sims and Gary Oldman.

It looks okay but very stiff.

I love that Prada uses actors you'd never expect to be in a campaign. They don't just go for the talk, dark, handsome guy. They go for unexpected choices like Gary Oldman and Willem Defoe.

^completely agree with the "stiff" comment. I'm just underwhelmed by this. Then again, I did have high expectations.
On a more positive note, my boo Garrett looks good :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Prada why don't you just kill me with a knife instead of this?

This looks like cheap vampire movie poster.

Stiff as it is, this looks FLAWLESS to me. And I can't wait to see the rest of the campaign.

lol the background looks cheap!
it looks like somethinh a Hish School could have done

I hope that the rest of the campaign will proove that Prada actually cares about menswear. I mean going back in time, the S/S12 was incredibly great, but until then, with exceptions - of course -, it all seemed just very generic and uninteresting to me.

This is sooooo bad!!!! It looks like a poster for some HBO show that will get canceled after 3 episodes. :sick:

I found these celebrities awkward walking down the Prada runway, and I find them just as awkward in this ad. Maybe if they chose one to focus on it would have worked, but as a group, it's a failed concept.

This is a joke??? Look so bad, bad tasty, bad styling, bad background, cheap OMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->