Prada Menswear F/W 12.13 by David Sims

I love me some Jamie Bell but WTF? This looks like a bad horror movie ad. It really looks tacky

“In the campaign each leading man plays a different archetype, layering codes of dress in a subtle parody of power and role-play. Exaggerated poses and conspiratorial glances hint at the game, a palm solemnly placed on the heart or into a pocket with precise formality,” concluded the company.

they surely produced such disenchanting results, for something so evocatively described :rolleyes:

Hmmm, it's quite good after all! Though they could have done more with them. The collection was great.
I think Willem and Jamie are oozing Prada btw.

Every shot with Dafoe is just fantastic! The rest doesn't do much for me but I agree that many of the new shots are much better than the preview we had previously seen.

Willem Dafoe is carrying this campaign; a Michael Pitt and Willem Dafoe ad campaign would have been more ideal than this.

the solo shots are definitely way better than the groups, but it looks like promotional movie pics. they look like characters.. everything is so literal, so expected, and cliche. when is prada going to move on from actors in their menswear ads :( seriously, does this sell the clothes? meh.

All I see is a bunch of amazing portraits of Actors who just so happen to be wearing Prada. They should have just went literal and shot in an authentic Victorian-esque space rather than a generic studio. Like YSL last season Sim's studio shot's seem a bit inappropriate for major campaigns.

All I see is a bunch of amazing portraits of Actors who just so happen to be wearing Prada. They should have just went literal and shot in an authentic Victorian-esque space rather than a generic studio. Like YSL last season Sim's studio shot's seem a bit inappropriate for major campaigns.

I agree. H ecould´ve done (at least) one of that digital work he does for McQueen

i think they could've done better with this campaing, but i like how literal it is. after all the collection was inspired by movie villains, so why not?
Anyway Willem Dafoe is the best one of them. He has such a strong presence (and did so in the runway aswell). I was expecting more from Gary Oldman but he looks a bit stiff here, uncomfortable

They all look exactly the same in almost every shot, maybe that's the point???

Thanks for sharing, Flashbang!

Must be even pointless to ask, but to verify - styled by Olivier, right?
Thankful for those precious moments when camera swiftly catches him in such videos. ^_^

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS CAMPAIGN :wub: :crush: I'd like to see a men's campaign for this season that will beat this for me ^_^

pdf-giant

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->