Prada Menswear F/W 12.13 by David Sims

lol

i bet Jamie was standing on a soapbox :smile:

and i still love Garrett's walk on the runway. pure gold.

I wish this was shot by someone like Meisel, with a dramatic set. This is sadly boring.

wow very disappointing...hoping the rest of the campaign would be better.

IMO It´s a step up from their summer campaign. I like the "actors in character" vibe. The stiffness is really selling the clothes, I´d love to own Garrett Hedlund´s coat.

I want to like this because it sounds so good in theory. Willem Dafoe and Gary Oldman by Sims for Prada? This promises to be instantly cool. But the result is average at best. I don't think they present the clothes very well. And I don't think any of the actors look their best here. It looks poorly edited, too. Everything from the styling to the expressions could be so much better. Hoping there will be better shots in this campaign.

Um.. is that it really?

They all look like they were photoshopped next to each other into the background and in a pretty amateur way to be honest.

Remove Garrett Hedlund and this would be a perfect campaign.

Oldman steals the spotlight, IMO. And Dafoe looks really good, too. The rest are just bleh. Why isn't Adrien Brody in this? He's more model-esque than the rest of these actors.

Remove Garrett Hedlund and this would be a perfect campaign.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Brody would have been more appropriate.
Well, I like it. A bit more drama wouldn't hurt because these are some pretty unconventional and intense actors [except Hedlund, that is] but I am OK with it. I wanna see more pictures.

That's plain bad. With this cast, it could have been a superb campaign but this is exceptionally dull. The background is horrid.

I like Jamie but he and Garrett look really out of place. I would have preferred it if it was just Gary and William.

final result

CnUeR.png

why are only gary and jamie credited?

prada's official fb page

Not the best but still good. They do look a little too stiff though.

Maybe because it's a double page spread? I don't know.
Makes me curious about the women's campaign, I hope prada's facebook will release it soon as well.

Gary Oldman & Willem Dafoe look like a boss, Jamie Bell is their garçon and Garrett Hedlund seems to be a rich son of an earl.
Anyway, i don't see any problem with the cast nor with the result, it's quite impressive for me.

This looks like a promotional picture of Downton Abbey's new season.

Not sure if i like it.

LEADING MEN: After getting some of Hollywood’s most respected actors to walk for her fall men’s collection, Miuccia Prada has secured four of them for the brand’s ad campaign, as well.

Gary Oldman, Garrett Hedlund, Jamie Bell and Willem Dafoe, clad in Prada’s severe, smart and tailored looks, perfectly epitomize the powerful men the collection revolved around. Photographer David Sims captures the actors’ authoritative stance, framing them against a crimson background.

The campaign’s image gallery includes three-quarter length portraits of the four iconic actors, “each at a different point in their careers,” representing “a cross-generational broadening of the face” of the brand’s men’s wear line, the company stated.

“In the campaign each leading man plays a different archetype, layering codes of dress in a subtle parody of power and role-play. Exaggerated poses and conspiratorial glances hint at the game, a palm solemnly placed on the heart or into a pocket with precise formality,” concluded the company. The images will bow in three weeks.
wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->