Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

They were fun! Carlyne Cerf has a whole collection of those TF’s era Jackie.

My favorite ones, and they are probably the best Gucci bags ever for me that I would never get rid of are the Jackie from Frida’s fall 2014 collection. And all the bags from that collection were outstanding.
It’s pity Alessandro era’s killed the longevity of those bags because it was Gucci at it best in terms of luxurious bags.
Still wating for your tier list lmao 😭

I don't know what's more absurd, the font or the title itself. It indicates an intuitive, more emotional approach to the designing process and Sabato is literally anything but that.

The collection will be flop and we would have to deal with this pseudo-intellectual justification of their incompetence for next few months. SdS posing as an art collector or spiritual hereditary prince of italian fashion is laughable. Girl, get you *** and go home.

The collection will be flop and we would have to deal with this pseudo-intellectual justification of their incompetence for next few months. SdS posing as an art collector or spiritual hereditary prince of italian fashion is laughable. Girl, get you *** and go home.
The art curation and pseudo-intellectualism in the stores is 101 nouveau-riche Italian collector ... I can't anymore with Fontanas, Boettis and arte povera in stores ...any stores for that matter.
It says; "Look, we hang a 5 millions painting !! That means you are in a very exclusive club, and you'll have the privilege to get offered an incredibly basic grey hoodie at $4,000 !!"

The art curation and pseudo-intellectualism in the stores is 101 nouveau-riche Italian collector ... I can't anymore with Fontanas, Boettis and arte povera in stores ...any stores for that matter.
It says; "Look, we hang a 5 millions painting !! That means you are in a very exclusive club, and you'll have the privilege to get offered an incredibly basic grey hoodie at $4,000 !!"

I’m sick and tired of this stupid, tired, pretentious concept of shop “art gallery” - it’s infantilising great artists and simply putting them next to, as you’ve pointed out, basic poliester hoodie for $4k is just so patronising to clients and treating them as uncultured. Great counter example of store space is Bottega Veneta, visited recently their Zurich store and it screams luxury while having mostly “artsy” intrecciato armchairs and cutie sardine door handles.

I’m sick and tired of this stupid, tired, pretentious concept of shop “art gallery” - it’s infantilising great artists and simply putting them next to, as you’ve pointed out, basic poliester hoodie for $4k is just so patronising to clients and treating them as uncultured. Great counter example of store space is Bottega Veneta, visited recently their Zurich store and it screams luxury while having mostly “artsy” intrecciato armchairs and cutie sardine door handles.
The Row does it well too, you feel the artworks have a purpose and are genuinely collected by the Olsens.

The Row does it well too, you feel the artworks have a purpose and are genuinely collected by the Olsens.
I don't know if it is still the case, but I recall at one point as sales associate at The Row store on Melrose told me the furniture and artwork was all for sale upon inquiry as well - meaning these really were collected items, many antique and the store was meant to change as these items were sold. Which is a nice, personal touch, I think.

I hope not. dont worry about us worry about those runway shows

Since theyre reading…
Gucci should hire me. I literally am
About to resign from VP of Retail job at a european brand that is made in europe. You should make me a consultant then once i make u money, vp of retail. I have decades of fine jewelry experience and know how to buld relationships fast.

Last edited:
Anyway i shopped ancora today w a stylist friend of mine. He picked like only 7 pieces out of the entire room.

The new glossy burgundy bags are lovely. Much better than the green wallpaper.

I just think gucci has backed themselves into a corner with the costly cotton camisole. These pieces need to have exotic blends ro justify this price for cotton. The people who are buying 1k shoes like its nothing check the tag to see what its made of. Like i said gucci is not considered heirloom quality like dior, chanel or balmain.

Sidebar: thats why Balmain came back fast - because their original line was such exceptional quality it lasted until the granddaughters became the Balmain customer.

Zegna has 1k tshirt with exotic blends that make it feel worth the price. Zegna is not heirloom quality either but it feels like a statement on dressing and comfort.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is still the case, but I recall at one point as sales associate at The Row store on Melrose told me the furniture and artwork was all for sale upon inquiry as well - meaning these really were collected items, many antique and the store was meant to change as these items were sold. Which is a nice, personal touch, I think.
Yes that furniture is antiques for sale, maybe the art too, except those Royère, Bugatti and Le Corbusier chairs are double the price of the other already expensive antique dealers. It's for people who will buy the whole room basically... yes they do exist, in art especially, but probably in fashion too.

"Follow your heart" gives personal development coach, trust-fund girls who became Tik-Tok yoga/meditation/spiritual coach out of boredom during their Covid lockdowns.

Anyway i shopped ancora today w a stylist friend of mine. He picked like only 7 pieces out of the entire room.

The new glossy burgundy bags are lovely. Much better than the green wallpaper.

I just think gucci has backed themselves into a corner with the costly cotton camisole. These pieces need to have exotic blends ro justify this price for cotton. The people who are buying 1k shoes like its nothing check the tag to see what its made of. Like i said gucci is not considered heirloom quality like dior, chanel or balmain.

Sidebar: thats why Balmain came back fast - because their original line was such exceptional quality it lasted until the granddaughters became the Balmain customer.

Zegna has 1k tshirt with exotic blends that make it feel worth the price. Zegna is not heirloom quality either but it feels like a statement on dressing and comfort.
Which camisole are you talking about ? I went with one of my GF to check the small Jackie in burgundy but it couldn't fit phones so she gave up ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauras
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->