San Francisco Street Style

^Prob around $1000, give or take (depending on size and neighborhood of course). It IS very expensive to live there... not only is living expensive, but so is everything else for some reason... drinks, food, etc. BUT IT IS sooo worth living there, if only to experience it for a short time. :D :D

Pictures in post #45 are wonderful! I like the girl with red-checked dress!

chicfay said:
im prob. going to go to college in san fran. how is it living there? i mean. i've been there before and i LOVED it! but its quite expensive there isnt it? if i looked for a small appartment for just myself.. about how much would i have to pay?

where do you plan on going to school?

it's expensive, but so is every urban city nowadays. it's 100000% worth it. i live here and every time i go out i feel so lucky to be here (and i've been here all my life!). there's just something about it.

so here are some from fecal face (art scene in san francisco). more or less this is the street style. more stress for unexpected weather and comfort than labels generally rule in SF. chill.
DSC_2278.jpg

DSC_2125.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

Z-photos.jpg

maya-shoe-tinydog.jpg
:P
kyle-Z.jpg

dapper-ryan.jpg

31.jpg

18.jpg

15.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

Marcella...
thanks for the pics!
i am actually going to a community college at first.. cuz i cant afford anything else right now and as an international student you pay so much. im planning of going to dvc in concord.. maybe u've heard of it? either way, afterwards i want to transfer to san fran, la or maybe even nyc... we'll see!

chicfay said:
Marcella...
thanks for the pics!
i am actually going to a community college at first.. cuz i cant afford anything else right now and as an international student you pay so much. im planning of going to dvc in concord.. maybe u've heard of it? either way, afterwards i want to transfer to san fran, la or maybe even nyc... we'll see!

whoa, i went to dvc when i was in high school (i'm from concord, now SF, which is about 20-30 mins away). it's a really good school actually, i was very happy with it.

just a question, is dvc a popular international school? because there are A LOT of international students here, mostly from japan and and tons from russia.

Marcella said:
whoa, i went to dvc when i was in high school (i'm from concord, now SF, which is about 20-30 mins away). it's a really good school actually, i was very happy with it.

just a question, is dvc a popular international school? because there are A LOT of international students here, mostly from japan and and tons from russia.

woah.. what a coincidence.. cuz i'll be living in concord with my family. which high school did u go to?
are there really a lot of international students there? hmm.. i just know about it because of my family. but im glad to hear that its a good school!
lol... we should meet up one day!

hey guys :smile:

let's try to keep this on the topic of san francisco street STYLE...please conduct this kind of talk in pm.

thanks! :flower:

i love the art kids crowd- funny but comfortable seems to be the staple. i love the boot shaped shot glass mug. :ninja:

well- it looks like i'll be getting my MFA in San Fran, so I'm going to start gathering bits for colder weather. any suggestions for things that are must-haves? should i buy a trench?

hah, you can buy anything, lately it's been pretty nice. a lot of people around here wear trench's. i see this man on the train every morning. get's on in his black dior homme trench and sunglasses, all pompous. he makes me want to have a trench and be pompous. i should try and get a picture of him.

scarves are popular too. chunkier the better.

DSCN5693.jpg

My outfit for today, just going to work.
I would love to see some other outfits!
XOXO

Thanks for the tip, best friend. heehee.
I was just trying to get some other San Francisco people to get this thread going again. Oh well.
XOXO

brokenlo - do you have a digital camera? maybe take some time to go to different neighborhoods (one day: castro; the next: noe valley) and take a bunch of shots. i don't live in the city anymore, otherwise i would have done that ages ago :lol:

the fecal face pictures are nice, but i love the ones with a more personal touch, taken by our own members!

Uchina: Thanks for the kind words! xoxo
Francesca: I have thought about doing that, but I'm kind of shy. I don't know if I could walk up to someone and just ask them to take their picture. Have you ever done it? Do you have any tips? haha.

XOXOXO

i would suggest taking candids. you don't have to go up to people if you don't want to. however, if you do, i'm sure no one would turn you down - you can just tell them you're an aspiring photographer and that you like their style. but if you go to a busy district and just started snapping, i'm sure no one would pay you any mind.

have you checked out the new york or japan street style threads? there are a ton of candids in those threads, especially in the new york one, many taken by some tfs members!

Took some photos today on Haight St. If you like them, I might take more, so let me know.
XOXO

DSCN6201.jpg

DSCN6200.jpg

DSCN6199.jpg

DSCN6197.jpg

DSCN6198.jpg

DSCN6196.jpg

DSCN6195.jpg

DSCN6194.jpg

DSCN6193.jpg

broken lolita! thanks for the pics! i love the girl with the vest and the cropped pants! fabulous!

awww

thank you, you're really making me miss san francisco. vintage haven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->