Scarlett Gets Sporty: Johansson to Design Reebok Lifestyle Line

I initially heard about this on ONTD and I must repeat it again: Why? This is utterly pointless. Or I guess it's as rui said, to just attach a big name athlete to it. But ScarJo is no athlete, nor is she a designer, so why her?

:blink: strange connection and gig for a moviestar. I'm really fed up with celeb gear!!! enough already....

If there wasn't a market for celebrity fashion gear, you wouldn't see it.

WHYYYYYY all the celeb endoresements!! Oh right, to make money. I've answered my own bloody question.

crow_watcher said:
If there wasn't a market for celebrity fashion gear, you wouldn't see it.

There's also a market for "homeless crackhead" fetish p*rn but that doesn't make it okay. :unsure:

This is so odd. What's next a Kate Bosworth energy drink? Nicole Richie Toilet Paper? Lindsay Lohan Brand padded bras? Its going to far.

I will reserve harsher judgement until I see the products but as it stands this just seems off to me. I could see if she were collaborating with a designer who makes those sweet 50s style dresses she favors or perhaps a cosmetic company (ala her deal with Loreal) but to me Scarlett just doesn't seem like the sort of person who is right for this.

eugenius said:
i dont see the connection between the two..

I was thinking the same thing. Scarlett & reebok??? :unsure: How and when did that situation work out? This partnership is purely for money and name recornition...not for the love of fashion, design or style.

markie said:
There's also a market for "homeless crackhead" fetish p*rn but that doesn't make it okay. :unsure:

Wow, thats too the extrmeme and without merit. But i say,

Quite frankly, if the combination of Scarlett and Rebook is hurting someone, you might have something to compalin about. Then I would agree, "it's not ok"
If it doesnt work out, the people and fashionistas have spoken. :judge:

Don't ya just love fashion?

its gone too far this time!

1) shes not sporty (maybe in bed :P)
2) reebok sucks and so does nike and all the others..

this whole enterprise is certified nonsense.

lucy92 said:
NEW YORK — Scarlett Johansson admits she's "definitely not athletic in any way," but come spring, she'll be in love with Reebok.

"I like the idea of exercise and aerobics being glamorous: Olivia Newton John and women exercising in false eyelashes," she added.

Holy cow! :sick:

Then why the hell not hire Olivia Newton John?! At least she likes to get physical..physical:muscles:

in this weeks us weekley (not the one with aniston on the cover) there is a pic of scarlett shooting the commercial for scarlet hrts reebok. she is wearing a long grey hoodie and black legging and black ked like shoes.

hopefully they are not part of the line.

new pics from wwd

Attachments

• scarlett1.jpg
    scarlett1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 116
  • scarlett2.jpg
    scarlett2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 115
  • scarlett3.gif
    scarlett3.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 116
soooo stupid. When clothing companies do this I just feel like we're all being taken for complete idiots!!! Why would you suddenly want to buy something just because a celebrity is vaguely related to its design?? People who spend money on this crap just for the celebrity endorsement needs a serious head check. I hate it when celebrities do this. It makes me lose respect for them. And there I was thinking Scarlett was different to the other hollywood clones...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->