Scarlett Gets Sporty: Johansson to Design Reebok Lifestyle Line

I blame designers and fashion magazines for all this celebrity 'designer' buisness. They were loving and praising these people to much. Celebritys these days are to much adored by the fashion world that they started to believe they are style goddesses. I'm really hoping this celebrity worshiping is going to come to an end.

excerpts from the wwd story

First Look at Scarlett's Reebox Line

....And now, infused with that sensibility as Johansson scoured vintage stores and Reebok archives, the Scarlett [Hearts] Rbk collection is being revealed three months after being announced and four months before it ships. The lifestyle collaboration between the actress and Reebok was unveiled to the press Wednesday. Retailers get to see it today.

Both the spring and the summer deliveries include five key pieces: a racer tank, a sweatshirt, a track jacket, a legging and a baseball-style T-shirt for spring and a tennis-inspired skort for summer. The apparel ranges from $40 to $100 at retail, and the modernized version of Reebok's original Aztec shoe — in eight different color versions, all with metallic and suede components — sell for $100.

The line will expand into other accessories for fall.

In a take on Reebok's "I Am What I Am" celebrity slogan, the collection will be marketed through a Web-based "I Am More" campaign, which may include print ads but will not have a TV commercial component. Johansson will be featured in the campaign, and Reebok said it will reveal a new side of the actress.

The company declined to provide volume projections, but said it intends to keep distribution exclusive to better department and specialty stores.

funny. i don't find scarlett a particularly active person.

the color scheme for scarlett's line is strongly reminiscent of the color scheme for stella'a summer line.

the price points are lower than i thought they were going to be. i guess in keeping them low, its a good way for reebok to compete with stella's line.

but Stella is a designer so it made sense. I think they should've just stuck to making her the face for their new line just like scetchers did with christina agulaira. personaly, i think this was a bad step! it might sell now but on the long run i'm not sure it will do good to Rebook's image or name!

a close up picture of the shoes...from retrogurl at nitrolicious.com/blog

Attachments

• scarlett_rbk_001.jpg
    scarlett_rbk_001.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
  • scarlett_rbk_002.jpg
    scarlett_rbk_002.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 3
  • scarlett_rbk_003.jpg
    scarlett_rbk_003.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
retrogurl at nitrolicious.com/blog posted another pic. thanks retrogurl!

Attachments

• scarlett_rbk_apparel.jpg
    scarlett_rbk_apparel.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16
it's just reebok buying into the 'get a celebrity to design for you so as to push your name further into the public light' scheme.

scarlett "hearts" rbk look book

check it out, i think its a pretty good collection...very cute!

Canon-080.jpg

Canon-081.jpg

Canon-082.jpg

luv the team hoodies

Canon-083.jpg

Canon-084.jpg

luv the leggings

Canon-085.jpg

Canon-086.jpg

luv the leggings and studio sweatshirt

Canon-087.jpg

Canon-088.jpg

the shoes are pretty cute also...

images via my site: nitrolicious.com/blog

yeah i agree retrogurl, the shoes are HOT. Great great color combo's. The clothes looks ehhh to me at the moment, but they might look better in person

I used to have respect for Scarlett Johansson. She was pretty funny and cool. Do actors actually act nowadays or do they spend 99% of their time appearing in endorsements? This is a particularly hiliarious one considering she says she isn't active, confesses to not going to the gym and eating junk food.
Maybe next they could get Jade Goody.

I might be the only one who's extatic(excited&ecstatic..LMAO) with this one, I'm a huge Scarlett fan so.. whatever. But yea I'm not really feelin the clothes, the shoes are great though. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
how much are the studio sweats and the track jacket? i want those two items...

Fox in the Snow said:
Why the hell not? If Stella can... :wink:

Hmmm, because Stella is a... designer... ^_^

Personally, I do not like the shoes. And the items appear pretty normal to me. I think it's BS. How is that an unathletic actress can support a fitness/sports line? It makes no sense to me.

Truthfully, if I liked the items, it wouldn't matter to me - I'd purchase anyway. But because I don't care for them, I think it's even more ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->