The Blonde Hair Thread #2

I toned my hair on Friday with this stuff and now it looks great. My hair is naturally an 8/9 level ash blonde, but I sometimes put toner on it because it starts to look brassy. I think that's because of the water in my apartment. I'm not really sure. Anyway. Now it looks really good. I used to use Wella White Lady on it, but this doesn't require any peroxide, so it's not damaging my hair probably as much. Does anyone else here use toner, or something to keep their hair looking naturally bright?
31BPa2ka4RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(from amazon.com)

I personally preffer Vlada with a darker tone,more like sandy-golden honey,to give her some contrast.
I think this almost white pale bleachy hair really washes her off..

Hi girls!

I just went a bit blonder one month ago.
My natural hair colour is a dark ash blonde or light sandy brown, which during winter turns a bit darker, but in the summer gets a golden tone.
This is my look now, after the visit at the salon.
All pictures are taken indoors, with no flashlight,so hair doesn`t look brighter than it normally is.

Now, how it was made. :-)
Half of my hair is natural. Half is bleached in thin strands, using foil and a very light and soft powder bleach, which did not damage my thin hair at all.

Next week i`ll visit the salon again, and add an overall golden honey haircolour, which should compact the colour more.

What do you girls think..?

:flower:

Attachments

• IMG01142_1`FS.jpg
    IMG01142_1`FS.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG01145_1`FS.jpg
    IMG01145_1`FS.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG01176_1`FS.jpg
    IMG01176_1`FS.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG01150_1`FS.jpg
    IMG01150_1`FS.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 5
^ it's nice, the highlights are really subtle ^_^
i like Vlada with darker blonde too

Leona Lewis
i think she's a brunette now, i like both on her
leonalewisontd.jpg

OhNoTheyDidnt

I got a trim yesterday and I think the stylist took a little bit too much creative license. I went from shaggy bob, to agyness deyn. Lawd.

agyness-deyn-20080404-396041.jpg

from netjunkz.com

Thank you, kissablekae!
@dauphine: i totally love the colour! the style makes me think of the rebel Pink a bit. :D

i`ve been to the salon on friday, and added some more colour to my hair..
here is the result.
i`m planning to get to a lighter blonde shade in a few months, as summer comes.
for now,as we still have a heavy winter here, i like this golden honey tone..
the hair in the pics looks darker than it actually is (pics are taken @night, with poor light).

I met a girl who is currently a student in a really good hair training program here. She's doing my foils/bleach from now on. ^_^

i`ve been to the salon on friday, and added some more colour to my hair..
here is the result.
i`m planning to get to a lighter blonde shade in a few months, as summer comes.
for now,as we still have a heavy winter here, i like this golden honey tone..
the hair in the pics looks darker than it actually is (pics are taken @night, with poor light).

and my pics,with delay.. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 6martie2011_Nikon 009_pelicula_fs.jpg
    6martie2011_Nikon 009_pelicula_fs.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 6martie2011_Nikon 003_pelicula_fs.jpg
    6martie2011_Nikon 003_pelicula_fs.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 6martie2011_Nikon 012_pelicula_fs.jpg
    6martie2011_Nikon 012_pelicula_fs.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 3
It looks good, I can really see the difference. Much lighter, but very natural looking!

thank you, dauphine! :D
indeed the colour is more rich, it`s like sunny honey under daylight, and it looks really natural..
i adore your colour as well, and i`m thinking of adding more of it in my hair next month. this will really lighten me up a lot, and add more contrast..

thank you, dauphine! :D
indeed the colour is more rich, it`s like sunny honey under daylight, and it looks really natural..
i adore your colour as well, and i`m thinking of adding more of it in my hair next month. this will really lighten me up a lot, and add more contrast..

As the previous pics are taken at night, and the haircolour looks darker in artificial light, i have taken another series today.
Here is my hair in natural daylight, no flashlight, no direct sunlight. :D

Attachments

• 7martie2011_Nikon 014_1_pelicula_FS.jpg
    7martie2011_Nikon 014_1_pelicula_FS.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 7martie2011_Nikon 009_2_pelicula_FS.jpg
    7martie2011_Nikon 009_2_pelicula_FS.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 7martie2011_Nikon 008_1_pelicula_FS.jpg
    7martie2011_Nikon 008_1_pelicula_FS.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 7
Your hair is gorgeous. It looks very healthy and full and the color turned out great.

Here is a wonderful natural looking blonde.
Glamorous!!
My target colour for next salon appointment.
And my target as well in terms of hair length (by the end this year i should have it this long).
:flower:

Attachments

• IMG_8736.jpg
    IMG_8736.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8732.jpg
    IMG_8732.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8728.jpg
    IMG_8728.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 8
^Her color is pretty amazing.
I am also trying to grow my hair out as well. Right now it's a dreadful shaggy pixie, but I am aiming ultimately for about as long as the pic you just posted. I've been chugging biotin and fish oil pills.

^Her color is pretty amazing.
I am also trying to grow my hair out as well. Right now it's a dreadful shaggy pixie, but I am aiming ultimately for about as long as the pic you just posted. I've been chugging biotin and fish oil pills.

Oh dear dauphine,c`mon, it can`t be that bad!
Would you post another picture of you to see what exactly you`re trying to fix..? For sure there`s a cure for any problem. :wink: Maybe we get some more ideas here to give you some help.

For me it is really difficult to grow my hair longer than you can see in my pics above. For some reason, i end up all the time in the salon and the hairdresser cuts too much of it. It grows really fast, and she cuts it really often. But i will absolutely forbid her to cut anything for as long as possible.
My hair is quite resistant, even if it`s the very thin silky soft oily hair type, that needs a daily wash. This drives me crazy and getting blonder did not change the sebum issue - maybe this is the reason my hair resisted to the blonding process, and it`s still healthy - maybe i should not complain that much, maybe i should give it the daily wash it, and be glad..

What should biotin and fish oil pills do in your case? (fish oil meaning Omega 3 and stuff like that?)

Cheers! :flower:

Nothing is more perfect than nature itself.
Beautiful baby natural blonde hair.... :heart:

Attachments

• dark_honey_golden_blonde.jpg
    dark_honey_golden_blonde.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 8
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 9
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • b4.jpg