The Libertines #2

thats cos blur is the best!!!!! :smile:
just kidding, but i was talking to my friend for hours about music, and the libs and the shambles are the last great bands.... people assume that 90s were bad, but listen to the crap kids are listening today....
:lol::lol::lol::lol: so true

the libs and the shambles are the last great bands

The Libertines was truly a great band. I can't say they're the best band in terms of technicality or innovation, but they had IT. They moved and influenced my teenage years like no other band had before or since then. I won't go into a saccharine rant about how I would not be the same person without the Libs, etc etc, but they are definitely one of the best things that happened to me. I have a lot of good music on my itunes and I don't listen to the Libs very often nowadays, but no other band has inspired me as they did.
The Babyshambles were pretty magical too. Their rawness was really refreshing amidst all the perfectly produced, fat sounding (versus BS's scratchy sound) music. However, I lost interest post-Pat era. I still like their output but they sound very clean and catchy, making me miss the old, shambolic days.

I can't believe we haven't had any news about them..I wish we would get something..at least pictures if not a new album :rofl:

So what do you guys think of Carl's solo project...? I am really interested to hear his stuff, and read these "memoirs"

Bah I'm not that interested...I mean IMO Pete did great but I always liked him more than Carl because I think he's so great at writing lyrics and I don't think that Carl's that good.

Same here.
I love Carl, a lot, but I have to admit Pete's more talented than he is...

I think Pete's special :shifty: he's voice is very different than others IMO, but to me Carl has a more ordinary voice and sound

^of course he's special for you, you're in love with him :rolleyes:
:lol: so kidding! :kiss:

I agree with you, not only his voice, but the whole image he projects, it's something very alluring.

^of course he's special for you, you're in love with him :rolleyes:
:lol: so kidding! :kiss:

I agree with you, not only his voice, but the whole image he projects, it's something very alluring.
:lol::lol::lol: You know me so well:innocent::rolleyes: But I do..I do love Pete:heart::woot:B)
Yes very alluring :shifty: :shifty:

It's been a while since my last visit to this thread:cry:
tumblr_l4ouylXHVK1qz98npo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l4in6iSeIq1qby7zxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l4f7or0W9V1qzvdjlo1_500.jpg

:P
tumblr_l4oy4gdyKV1qcqdi9o1_500.jpg

boysintheband.tumblr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I think that Peter is definitely a great writer, and musician but I love Carl's writing and guitar work as well. He had a much more interesting upbringing than Peter, which is why I'm so keen to read this biography. I am just so happy to see all the boys back together, even though it feels a bit weird/ forced in my opinion...

There's an NME Special out now!

238axg.jpg

NME Icons: The Libertines

Featuring previously-unseen photographs, all their classic interviews, new profiles and in-the-studio stories, NME is proud to present the ultimate Libertines magazine.

The one-off magazine compiles all of Pete Doherty, Carl Barat and the gang's scintillating interviews that have appeared in NME throughout their career, while NME's Roger Sargent has opened his Libertines archives to print tons of full-page photos never seen anywhere before.

Also, there's a massive Libertines crossword with tickets to see the band at the Reading or Leeds Festival up for grabs (entries must be in by August 15), plus a guide to the almost-countless Libs bootlegs and 'lost album' every fan must own.
nme.com

You can order it here:
http://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/nme/product.asp?item=nme106

I just watched their Reading set on tv... And I was feeling very nostalgic, while singing along haha. But I thought it was a great performance. I'm sure it'll be available online to watch if anyone didn't see it.

NME 28 August 2010:

community.livejournal.com/thelibs_daily

I watched, too! I was also singing and jumping around:lol::heart:

A few photos from tonight:
tumblr_l7vpr7OVXG1qb7unno1_500.jpg

tumblr_l7vqdd9AnD1qdvse0o1_500.png

tumblr_l7vrcilcXi1qdvse0o1_500.png

tumblr_l7vsc6woxN1qzar5ao1_500.jpg

boysintheband.tumblr.com

Pete looks really good:heart::wub::wub: I'm so in love right now :rofl:
Thanks for posting those wonderful pics:flower:

Wow... just watched this online. The crowd was so into it and probably knew the lyrics to every song. It brought back a whole lot of memories!

I just watched their Reading set on tv... And I was feeling very nostalgic, while singing along haha. But I thought it was a great performance. I'm sure it'll be available online to watch if anyone didn't see it.

NME 28 August 2010:

community.livejournal.com/thelibs_daily

Is this the Libertines special ed NME or is it a different one?:blink:

^ It's a different one that was done in preparation for Reading and Leeds. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->