The Libertines #2

CARL BARÂT: 'THE LIBERTINES WILL REFORM NEXT YEAR'
Singer plans reunion with Pete Doherty in 2011

Carl Barât says a reformation of The Libertines is likely to happen next year.

The band split in 2004, though Barât and his co-front man Pete Doherty have reunited for one-off events since then, most notably at London venues Hackney Empire in 2007 and The Rhythm Factory in May last year.

Doherty told NME last year that he wanted a full band reunion for 2010, but has since begun work on a new Babyshambles album. And with Barât planning work on his frist solo album, a later date for the full band reunion seems inevitable.

Barât told The Evening Standard: “It's not definite definite. I can say 2011, but it's hard to plan The Libertines until next Tuesday. But 2011 is where there's room for that to happen. So if everything's all right, then, yeah, it would be glorious to get on the old jacket and venture forth, into the known.”

Barât said that he and Doherty would have meet before any decision was made to see if there was still chemistry between the pair.

He admitted: “If it works, and there's a window for that … no, a window makes it sound like a business meeting. If there's a doorway, then certainly we'll go through it.”

As regards Doherty‘s well-documented drug problems, a major factor in the original split, Barât said: “Well, once he's settled into his grooves, and he's fine, and he's not hurting himself or anyone else, then that's all fine with me.”
nme.com

:buzz: :buzz:

Let's hope now it's true. :judge:

^me too. i would love the libertines together though, since i didn't even like them until they had broken up. but you never know, some bands reform and then you wish you wish they had stayed apart.

thanks for posting konst I wish the quality of the song was a bit better tho ^^

thanks for posting konst I wish the quality of the song was a bit better tho ^^

yeah i know i wish that too, but thats the lovely part of the libertines sessions too. they are sorta raw..just not quite right but with the libertines spirit.:heart::heart::heart:
so i love it!

Yeah I know..I have so many acoustic songs on my ipod..I love Pete's and Carl's voice together^^

Watch The Libertines first comeback interview for Reading And Leeds Festivals - video
Plus go behind the scenes for this week's NME cover shoot with the band
The Libertines have announced that they are reforming to play the 2010 Reading And Leeds Festivals - and you can watch their first comeback interview on NME.COM now.

To watch the video clip, which includes behind-the-scenes footage from this week's NME cover shoot with the band, go to the right of the screen now.

In the clip Pete Doherty explained the terms that the band have agreed to reunite under, with the frontman and bandmates Carl Barat, John Hassall and Gary Powell all agreeing to be "honest' with each other as they prepare for the August 27-29 event.

"I've been chomping at the bit for a while now [to reunite]," Doherty told NME.COM. "Potentially it's a ****ing disaster, so we've agreed to be honest with each other… rather than walk up in silence and let things get messy and complicated, just be honest."

Get this week's issue of NME, on UK newsstands from tomorrow (March 31), for exclusive interviews with this year's acts, including a cover story with The Libertines.

Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire and Blink-182 are set to headline the 2010 bash – while The Libertines are set to reform especially for the event. Read the full 2010 Reading And Leeds Festivals line-up on NME.COM now.

And the NME cover.
2drysyo.jpg

nme.com

i'm SO sensitive today that seeing them together brought tears to my eyes:lol::blush:

the video

lol @ 1:16

i'll have to watch it at least 10 times to understand what they're saying though...

i cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::stuart::shifty::brows::wub::heart::santa:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->