The NARS Makeup thread

It's pour out. I have the matte and I like it more than most foundations I've tried, and it's definitely better coverage than whatever other foundation Nars makes.

NARS_Albatross_Nico_Zen_Silvana_Med.jpg

karlasugar.blogspot.com

I hope you don't mind asking the same question in 2 threads.:blush:
I'm thinking about getting new Orgasm Illuminator, but I don't know if it's suitable for me.:unsure:
I have pretty fair skin, I'm not sure about undertone. I think it's neutral or maybe yellow-I use MAC NC15 Studio Fix Fluid and Bourjous Healthy Mix Light Vanilla 51. Do you think it will work for me?

^ where are you trying to put the iluminator on? I can try to swatch it for you tomorrow.

On my cheekbones and/or under my eyes. I don't know where else.:blush:
That would be very kind of you.:flower:

Isa,I would say that it would work for you. The orgasm shade works well on me and I think we have fairly similar skin tones.

I have to say I'm fairly dissapointed with the D.Gorgeous eyeshadow I was craving for weeks. There's sheer,and then there is this. It's pretty much invisible.

Plus I've lost my multiple in rivieria! Terrible times!

I have this and like it although I don't use it very often. It does keep me matte longer than regular foundation, and I have oily skin. The packaging is annoying though, I hate bottled foundations.

Thank you :flower:

Wanted to post pictures of this because it hasn't been mentioned here yet, but I got the new Multiple Tint in Cadaques and it's really awesome!

It's in the same packaging as the Multiples but it's coloured (there's "Beverly Hills which is red & Turks and Caicos which is orange) and you get a tiny bit more in these than the regular tubes.

dsc03806il.th.jpg

This is a gel formula, a bright cool pink with no shimmer. I'd say it's closest dupe in the powder blushes is Desire. It's non-sticky so when I apply it, it dries down making it very long lasting and easy to wear powders over. I've read reviews where people don't like it because it's sheer but this is precisely why I do like it. I found the blushes very easy to overdo on my pale skin but this is much easier to manage and is buildable. Overall, love it & hope they add more colours - these are limited edition but they're usually around for a long time. They're on the website now & I got mine at Libertys in London.

First swatch is used once, next is done three times to show colour.

(my pics)

Thank you Miu Miu for the review! I had an email about this new product and then forgot all about it. I'm really keen to buy the orange one for some reason

Sheer Glow is definitely the best foundation I have ever used! Beautiful coverage and finish + it matches my skin tone perfectly! It's my new love :heart:

Why don't the night eyeshadows every stay on!? They last literally twenty minutes on my eyes, and I have four different types of eye primers, all of which i've tried. USELESS!

i am using the nars primer with spf and it is truly the first primer that keeps the shine away, all day and even after exercise. it goes on rather "oily" but once its dry it does its job 10 fold.

I'm in love with Rajasthan eyeshadow duo, but I can't seem to find it :(. These are such beautiful shades... They would look lovely with blue eyes :crush:. Does anyone know where to find it online? I already checked strawberrynet and cosme-de, no luck yet..
Or does MAC has any dupes?
Here are some pics..

nars_rajasthan002.jpg
nars_rajasthan003.jpg
nars_rajasthan005.jpg

temptalia.com

EDIT: forget that I asked, hqhair has it :woot:.

Last edited by a moderator:
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick for Fall 2010

fall2010_narspurematte001.jpg

temptalia

Over 15 years ago, François Nars created a collection of 12 perfectly edited lipsticks. Since then, the brand has created many iconic products; however, Nars’s passion for lipstick never wavered. Introducing Pure Matte – the newest addition to the NARS lip category. This innovative, matte lipstick has intense, stay-true color, so lips look lush and vibrant. This exquisitely blended formula strikes the perfect harmony between optimal color, an ultra-matte finish and a hydrating lip treatment.
Pure Matte’s luxuriously rich texture glides on effortlessly, without drag, cakiness or resistance. Defying the traditional challenge of long-wearing lipsticks, it won’t dry out lips. Rich in antioxidants, including Vitamin E and Acai Oil, Pure Matte nourishes and conditions lips. Wild Mango Butter’s advanced moisturizing properties work to repair lips from dryness and scaling, leaving lips feeling supple and soft.
Each shade takes only one swipe to build the perfect kissable opacity. Pure Matte is distinguished by a soft-touch, modern, sleek slim stick component, delivering convenient application. When used alone or with other NARS lip products, it provides a high-drama payoff. Apply directly to lips or with the Retractable Lip Brush.

The picture is so beautiful, it definitely makes me want to try it out!

Rajasthan is great! Ahh, I love NARS! I used to be obsessed with it but now I'm on to purses, lol.

I'm addicted to Orgasm Illuminator, I love it! :woot:

NARS Fall 2010 - The Vintage Nail Polish Collection

NARS introduces the Vintage Nail Polish Collection including five shades: Mash (army green infused with gold), King Kong (copper brown infused with gold), Midnight Express (deep navy), Zulu (forest green) and Full Metal Jacket (gunmetal grey). These vintage polishes are being brought out from the archives to NARS counters for a limited time.

The collection is rumored to be released in October.

Source: mylucidbubble.blogspot.com

Which NARS shade is similar to MAC NW15? I'm interested in Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte foundation. :smile: I'd also like to know how do you like any of these foundations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->