The NARS Makeup thread

^^^
fiji may work for you. i do not have any of the foundations, but i have concealer and when the SA was trying to sell me on the foundation, she matched me to fiji. i use NC/NW15 in the winter. i will say nars foundations are more yellow than most, so it's best to try-on in a store if you can.

Unfortunately I can't! :cry: I was thinking about getting the foundation on HQHair.com.
I don't like that they're yellow:doh:, I have MAC NC15 and I find it slightly too yellowish for me in the winter.

I read that Siberia is similar to NC15 so I'll probably give it a try! Gobi looks promising too, after I saw this swatch (maybe someone will find it helpful:flower::(
NARS-Sheer-Glow-Foundation-1-Medium.jpg

karlasugar.net
It can't be THAT wrong (I hope:lol:).

^ Isa, check out Temptalia's foundation matrix for NARS Sheer Glow Foundation matches for NC15.
Hopefully, between KarlaSugar's swatches and the foundation matrix, you'll be able to determine a perfect match for your skin tone. :flower:

Which NARS shade is similar to MAC NW15? I'm interested in Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte foundation. :smile: I'd also like to know how do you like any of these foundations.

I'm NW15 and I wear Mont Blanc in Sheer Glow... it's a pretty good match. Siberia shows up rather yellow and a bit too pale on me. FWI I've never given Gobi a try, but I'd imagine it's much more like an NC than NW

I never found an exact match in Mac because they oxidise on me very quickly and I end up looking like an oompa loompa. To be honest, I never found the right shade in any brand. Until I tried Sheer Glow in Siberia, it's perfect for me. I swear by it now! I never wear too much makeup on an everyday basis, but if I wear Sheer Glow it looks very natural and I don't look too done. Also, it looks amazing in photos!

I've got a really pale skin with neutral undertones and I can't decide which shade of Sheer Glow foundation I should get. I recon it's either Siberia or Gobi 'cause it looks to me like Mont Blanc has got slightly pink undertones. Am I right or wrong?:blush::flower:

From what I read, Gobi is more yellow and better suitable for Asian skin tones. I'd try Siberia, because the undertones are neutral. Mont Blanc is more pink.

i am using the nars primer with spf and it is truly the first primer that keeps the shine away, all day and even after exercise. it goes on rather "oily" but once its dry it does its job 10 fold.

I went and bought the primer after reading this and it is WONDERFUL! Better than any primer ever, better than Urban Decay, Benefit, Estee Lauder, Giorgio Armarni, Mac, all of them! It keeps oil away, everything stays where it's put and it doesn't crease. I'm in LOVE!

And I really want this new eyeshadow.

nars-fall-2010-swatches-review-photos-daphne.jpg

Nars in Daphne from makeupandbeautyblog.com

^^^
the consistency of the FW single pan shadows aren't that great. i was really disappointed with how chalky daphne was. the new duos are a dream.

Oh no! Does it not apply well? I have a few of the single pan and I find the night shadows are okay, but lulu, which is the dark purple, is impossble to blend, as is china blue. You have to blend until you're virtually blind from the constant eye interference! What is different about the duos?

Hey ya'll. I just wanted to say that the matte lipsticks are freaking amazing.

I'm very picky with make up and am forever on the lookout for something soft and natural looking for lip color. I just by chance noticed the matte lipsticks and bought one of the darker berry shades. I don't even need to apply a coat but rather I just dab it on and then rub it evenly over with my fingers. Then apply regular lip balm and it looks exactly like natural berry lips!

Without the lip balm it looks amazing as well. More like how your lips would look after you've just been kissed really really hard.

I hope that's not too, er, graphic. :ninja:

^^^
the consistency of the FW single pan shadows aren't that great. i was really disappointed with how chalky daphne was. the new duos are a dream.

I totally agree! I recently bought a single pan shadow and was so let down, the color (Fathom) hardly showed up at all and got flaky in the pan as I tried to use it. Does anyone have any color recommendations for the duos? I'm thinking of getting one and returning the single pan.

Mindbear- that is such a gorgeous color, I wish it came as part of a duo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree! I recently bought a single pan shadow and was so let down, the color (Fathom) hardly showed up at all and got flaky in the pan as I tried to use it. Does anyone have any color recommendations for the duos? I'm thinking of getting one and returning the single pan.

Mindbear- that is such a gorgeous color, I wish it came as part of a duo.

I don't get why the duo's are so different in texture!? Makes no sense. I have bought Daphne and I have to be honest, to get a great colour out of it is possible but it's a hell of a lot of work. It shouldn't be! Eyeshadow shouldn't be that hard to get payoff from, or to blend, it's anger making!

^Totally agreed! Especially for the price point of the products, the colors should all be very potent... it's frustrating because the colors (of the singles) are so pretty, I wish they showed up on my skin like they do in the pan. Maybe a primer would help though?

Right now I'm really craving the eye duo in Sugarland (or Kuala Lumpur, can't decide) and the multiple in South Beach to highlight cheekbones. Has anyone tried either of these?

Oh, I do use the primers, the NARS one to be exact, which is one of the best primers i've ever used. It just makes the eyeshadow even harder to blend, which is super annoying!

^Totally agreed! Especially for the price point of the products, the colors should all be very potent... it's frustrating because the colors (of the singles) are so pretty, I wish they showed up on my skin like they do in the pan. Maybe a primer would help though?

Right now I'm really craving the eye duo in Sugarland (or Kuala Lumpur, can't decide) and the multiple in South Beach to highlight cheekbones. Has anyone tried either of these?

I've found that an eye primer makes all the difference in the world with NARS shadows. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion, but a lot of people love NARS new Smudgeproof Base.

The Kuala Lumpur duo is fantastic, very smooth and pigmented. I wouldn't recommend the Sugarland duo though, I have the beige side in a palette and it's pretty sheer and has lots of fallout.

^Thank you for the advice! I just bought the NARS primer, so I will give it a try and report back (lol)!

*Karma (to peacelover and mindbear) :smile:

Also, I just bought the multiple (in Luxor, a pinkish shade), and love it so far, it gives a nice dewy glow and I use it over Benefit's "girl meets pearl" illuminator sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooo i just found a purse with my Sin & Angelika blushes in them!!!!! Yeow!

I've forgotten how pretty Angelika is on the apples! Sooooooo cuuute!

Sin is the best on the cheekbones...its almost a contouring shade, very glam for nighttime makeup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->