UK Vogue April 2024 : FKA Twigs by Johnny Dufort

I genuinely swore out loud when I saw this. What a truly repulsive and deeply unattractive cover, and a total buzz-kill following the hype British Vogue attempted to create on social media. A massive flop and total non-event of a cover. My subscription will be getting cancelled once December rolls around, should this level of mediocrity be kept up...

I like the pale yellow color but that big pin on the dress looks ridiculous! The dress looks unflattering on the cover.

I was expecting a full redesign. Surprised to see Edward's font again.

Funny that I got the news about this cover scrolling down on youtube and not here or instagram. Here's her life in looks video:

First covers should be iconic. This picture looks like an average issue after the first year.

Last edited:
I, like it? Maybe if they framed the taxi out, it would be nicer to look at.

Please. this is just garbage. is this twigs girl famous in the UK?

The degradation of fashion is disgusting. All these depressed people trying to make you as ugly as they are... It's too much .

She is, actually, infamous in the UK, mostly because of her relationship with Robert Pattinson and the horrible treatment (high-key racist) that she got from the UK tabloids. She is a pretty big deal in the alternative pop world, her music is fabulous, “Glass & Patron“ is a good “fashion music“, whatever it is that I'm trying to say lol

I think the issue here doesn't only involve its design/layout. This cover looks exactly like Edward's Vogue especially during his last two years in the magazine. I mean, I can easily identify Alex's last cover from Edward's first with Adwoa because of how different their approaches were on British fashion. This time, however, Chioma wanted us to celebrate Fashion's Homecoming by featuring FKA Twigs as a bird turd at the top of a cab.

I listen to her Vogue podcast on Spotify and she's actually a fun and energetic person. I hope she brings her personality to her upcoming issues because this particular cover doesn't show it.

The "is someone famous?" debate will always have a hundred answers, depending on where you're at in life.

I've certainly heard of her, but I had to look up where she's from, because I thought she was American, and wondered why she was on a 'homecoming' cover. Anything to do with Robert Pattison would not have registered, and it's been a long time since music was a big part of my life or seemed essential to my identity. You have the interests that you have. I can read the cover story and find out what I've been missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->