GRAND ENTRANCE
Photography:
Nadine Ijewere
Styling: Julia Sarr-Jamois
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Make-up: Ammy Drammeh
Models: Paloma Elsesser & Maty Fall

UK Vogue Digital Edition

MAGIC REALISM (Reprint from Vogue España November 2022)
Photography: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Jane How
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-up: Lynsey Alexander
Models: Vittoria Ceretti, Chu Wong, Ruben Bilan-Carroll, Sid Ellisdon, Max Knott, Morgan Kent & Hamid Onifade

UK Vogue Digital Edition

FIRE & ICE
Photography:
Paul Wetherell
Styling: Julia Brenard
Hair: Naoki Komiya
Make-up: Lucy Burt
Models: Dorrit Li, Giselle Norman, Indira Scott & Ariish Wol

UK Vogue Digital Edition

HEAD TRIP
Photography:
Richard Burbridge
Styling: Patrick Mackie
Hair: Guido
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Models: Qisi Feng, Ungho Go, Jay Pak & Cassie Wong

UK Vogue Digital Edition

TRENDS
Photography:
Will Scarborough
Styling: Jessica Gerardi
Hair: Sarah Jo Palmer
Make-up: Siobhan Furlong
Models: Yoon Young Bae & Lulu Wood

UK Vogue Digital Edition

What has really fallen out of favour in fashion magazines is producing an editorial with a storyline, the sense that you're looking at images created with a purpose, to communicate something special.

They've gone from being the gold standard in a publication like Vogue to being the exception, and when you DO occasionally see one - like once every six months - it's the high point of the issue.

Ivano is posting all those old Vogue Italia editorials in the Meisel thread, and while those circumstances are never going to occur again, it's a reminder of what CAN be achieved, and often with very little outlay.

Current-day Vogue wants to be seen as the best at what they do, but these days, they don't even bother turning up most of the time, yet they still want all the accolades, for churning out editorial after editorial of people standing about in various levels of low energy.

I'm quite intrigued with how thick it is after reading the US edition's page count. How many pages does this issue have?

354 pages, according to my library's digital copy, which is the Debicki cover. The editor's letter celebrates five years of Edward, there are p l e n t y of ads, and a lot of the content at the front of the magazine (e.g. gift guides) is very festive - but which aren't necessarily going to be repeated in other editions, not like the main editorials are. There's an excerpt from Michelle Obama's book, along with a PR image from the same shoot that was used by French Elle, and a feature with Giorgio Armani. There's a food and drink section, and a pregnancy/parenthood section, and you've seen all the fashion eds in this thread.

In terms of page count, this is a December powerhouse, although some of those advertorials are for things like Alaskan seafood, and those back page listings/property ads seem to take up the rest of the issue, starting from page 306.

What has really fallen out of favour in fashion magazines is producing an editorial with a storyline, the sense that you're looking at images created with a purpose, to communicate something special.

THIS! :judge:

I've posted that many times over the past day, it feels like the thread is me talking to myself...

BUT I got my subscription copy this morning - the Yasmin Finney cover. Somehow I was expecting 90% of the copies to be the Debicki cover, with only a slight chance of getting one of the others.

Another thing I noticed - the Grand Entrance editorial is ruined by big white borders. You look at the scans above, and you get a Rothko vibe where you're immersed in deep colours. NO. In the print magazine, everything has a white border around it, and some of the shots are reduced to half their size on the page. It's like you ordered a Rothko but were sent a Lowry. The editorial looks better online.

A pathetic attempt from Edward Enninful at a December issue. It's a hefty issue, feels substantial in hand but the fashion stories are incredibly weak, amateur and completely devoid of festive glamour (which I'm hoping by some miracle has been saved for January).

My subscription gave me the Simone Ashley cover but I made the effort to hunt down Sienna Miller's at the weekend! I was able to find each cover easily, and given the fact the issue is priced at only £2 here in England this month, you could collect all four should you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->