UK Vogue April 2022 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Craig McDean

I like it a lot minus the crown which for me is absolutely unnecessary ALSO because if it’s a celebratory issue with the ‘real’ queen on the special edition cover it feels borderline insulting (this might be a personal reach, I’m aware :P) even if I couldn’t give two craps about monarchy

it does remind of Kate’s cover for the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the glossy.

Happy for Anya but that dress is certainly not cover worthy. I know it’s hard to find a nice dress from any Dior collections but there has got to be a better looking one?

Happy to see Anya is on the main cover and the Queen Elizabeth cover is just a special edition. It just feels so wrong to have someone of that family on the cover in 2022..

I like Anya but the composition and layout looks fan made. I've seen better composition and layout in the Cover Challenge.

Oh I think it's quite beautiful! I find Anya's cover to be the perfect revival of a very specific 2000s aesthetic. Or is it the early 2010s perhaps? Because the 2014 me would've definitely reblogged this on his Tumblr. The crown, the shimmery fabric and all! Will definitely consider getting a copy of this. Great year for UK Vogue covers so far.

If subscribers continue to receive their issues before it appears on general sale, people could be seeing their issues arrive today or tomorrow... I wonder if the cover shots will be a 50/50 split of availability, or whether Anya's is the newsstand one (there seems to be an obvious space for the barcode in her shot).

I just noticed the crown Anya is wearing is a replica of the one Q Elizabeth is wearing.
Somehow makes me like it less. I find it underwhelming. The previews look disjointed.

It would be too out there to use a picture of the queen as she is now? This is no different than those annoying people on Instagram that only post pictures of their mothers when they were 20. Like it's not acceptable to celebrate your mother's birthday with a recent picture because it might ruin the aesthetic.

I think Anya is beautiful, that basically the only thing i have to say about her cover.

On the last preview she looks like a young Renee Zellweger...

I think is bad didn't worked with Meisel, but I it's great to see other photographers doing the covers.

I’m not really loving how the dress blends into the background and the attempt at connecting her Queen’s Gambit era to the Queen herself is 2 years too late (even though she gets the cover to promote The Northman, we all know Edward tries to be meta with the “Queen” personification). But it’s not a bad cover nonetheless because Anya does photograph like a model.

Review - 264 Pages.

FULL REGALIA
Models: Jan Baiboon, Luca Biggs, Sam Dilkes, Binta Diop and King Owusu
Photographer: Scott Trindle
Stylist: Kate Phelan
7 Photos

MAKE IT REIGN

Cover star: Anya Taylor-Joy
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Kate Phelan
6 Photos

THE FAVOURITE
Model: Gigi Hadid
Photographer: Sean Thomas
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
6 Photos

PERSONAL RULE

Models: Destiny Adeyemi, Katie Craven, Victoria Fawole, Jeny Howorth, Blake Miller, Roisin Salmon and Trade
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Benjamin Bruno
14 Photos

NEXT IN LINE
Model: Patrycja Piekarska
Photographer: Matt Healy
Stylist: Jessica Gerardi
8 Photos

+ a lengthy feature on Queen Elizabeth by Robin Muir and with my subscription I received Queen Elizabeth's cover which has a silver masthead!

Sometimes sharing a cover seems as special as not getting a cover but sharing it with the Queen?? better than a solo cover lol.

Anya looks great.. the composition feels kind of old school (mid 00s) but will take that over ‘real’ anything (done with reality yeah :lol:).
Yaaaas kween

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->