UK Vogue April 2022 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Craig McDean

I'm most excited to see Patrycja's editorial. Thanks for the review, vogue28. :heart:

Nothing pops or stands out. I do like the Scott Trindle ed though, but only because it reminds me of a 90s Vogue Italia ed by Meisel.

I don't expect much from April-May issues, it's a bit of a meh period in the UK, where it's sunny one week, snowing the next. Too early to put away your woollens, too soon for wearing shorts every weekend.

Although I would love to see some magazines just go all out with dream summer shoots, like we used to see in Paris Vogue June-July issues.

MAKE IT REIGN (Texless)
Photography: Craig McDean
Styling: Kate Phelan
Hair: Christian Eberhard
Make-up: Peter Philips
Model/Celebrity: Anya Taylor-Joy

UK Vogue Digital Edition

FULL REGALIA (Textless)
Photography: Scott Trindle
Styling: Kate Phelan
Hair: Ryan Mitchell
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
Models: Jan Baiboon, Luca Biggs, Sam Dilkes, Binta Diop & King Owusu

UK Vogue Digital Edition

THE FAVOURITE (Textless)
Photography: Sean Thomas
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Make-up: Emi Kaneko
Model: Gigi Hadid

UK Vogue Digital Edition

PERSONAL RULE (Textless)
Photography: David Sims
Styling: Benjamin Bruno
Hair: Duffy
Make-up: Lucia Pieroni
Models: Destiny Adeyemi, Katie Craven, Victoria Fawole, Jeny Howorth, Blake Miller, Roisin Salmon & Trade

UK Vogue Digital Edition

NEXT IN LINE (Textless)
Photography: Matt Healy
Styling: Jessica Gerardi
Hair: Claire Grech
Make-up: Erin Green
Model: Patrycja Piekarska

UK Vogue Digital Edition

I've just got my subscription issue, I received the cover with The Queen, and looking on ebay, it seems any early listings showed the same cover, so it'll be interesting if any subscriber receives the Anya shot. The tribute feature about The Queen isn't too bad - any time that Robin Muir is involved with a Vogue feature, it's going to be worth a look or a read.

The mood of the editorials is also present throughout the front of the magazine, although I am very pleased to see a dose of colour with a reprint of Abeny Nhial's three-page beauty story from Vogue France Feb 2022.

As ever, with an issue that's 264 pages thick, at a time when everyone else is producing pamphlets, there are plenty of pages look through.

However, I keep my Edward-era UK Vogues in a box - the type of cardboard box that office printer paper comes in - and I limit myself to keeping only what can fit into it. So every time a new issue comes out, it's a battle royale as to whether it enters the box and supplants an existing issue - one in, one out - or whether it doesn't even make the box at all.

This is... not one for the box. Now and in the near future, there will probably be no shortage of magazines celebrating The Queen and her legacy.

I bought both covers today, they are very nice, but the inside is all so boring, I love David Sims but for Vogue British (under Edward) it doesn't do a good job at all, it would have been nice to see a crown inspired editorial, by Tim Walker or Mert & Marcus in Grace Coddington's style would have been hilarious

Aside from Anya's feature, the editorials come off very bland to me. Something about the lighting and set-up in both "Full Regalia" and "Next In Line" made me feel as if I just saw the same editorial.

^^^ Excellent point. I would gladly replace Zendaya and Anya in all their shoots/campaigns with the likes of Binx and Lineisy— whom both put in their signature minimum effort but consistency look so untouchably, eternally the epitome of a classic model in every shoot they grace.

But this shot is admittedly the stuff of the sweetest of fashion ecstasies. …With Binx or Lindsay in her place— it would simply be immortal...

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Anya's editorial looks like something straight out of US Vanity Fair.

main editorial is good (was expecting a bit more tbf and more shots too).
the other eds are so lacklustre… also, who are these models?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->