UK Vogue April 2022 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Craig McDean

I´m looking forward to Anya´s editorial, I wish she was on the cover... :innocent:

British Vogue is in their Vanity Fair era with this one.

Both covers are gorgeous.

YAY! So Anya is on the newsstand cover! So happy for her and she looks greats, I like the monochrome tone :smile:

Sometimes sharing a cover seems as special as not getting a cover but sharing it with the Queen?? better than a solo cover lol.

Anya looks great.. the composition feels kind of old school (mid 00s) but will take that over ‘real’ anything (done with reality yeah :lol:).

Someone's got their sights set on something more than an OBE.

Somewhere, Tatler's Richard Dennen is screaming into a pillow over that celebratory Queen Elizabeth cover! I understand British Vogue has a history of profiling and celebrating the royal family but Tatler celebrates the royals more and as much as I adore it, the cover is undoubtedly more suited to Tatler.

The two covers are beautiful in their own right. Queen Elizabeth's is just so lovely, celebratory and proper that I cannot help but to admire it while Anya's feels like the rebellious alternative. I'm getting Kate Moss vibes from it, love the muted colours and Phelan's styling.

Her mouth bothers me so much.
Shallow people unite!: I have a very specific problem with that whole family of cupid’s bows lol.. young Caroline of Monaco leading this group in my head and I cannot accept it (and we all know they don’t sleep at night cause someone online is not on board :lol:). I can make peace with Anya’s mouth because there’s almost no upper lip, just the odd shape, but Caroline? forget it haha

That said, I think Anya’s acting and highly photogenic face makes you quickly forget about it (and her questionable red carpet style) on screen. She’s wonderful (something about The Miniaturist… she can be in every scene and I absolutely do not mind).

Somewhere, Tatler's Richard Dennen is screaming into a pillow over that celebratory Queen Elizabeth cover! I understand British Vogue has a history of profiling and celebrating the royal family but Tatler celebrates the royals more and as much as I adore it, the cover is undoubtedly more suited to Tatler.

Yes. Plastering a portrait from when she was 20yo as a cover is very Tatler. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone convinced 2022-Elizabeth to a fashion shoot for Vogue? I know these sorts of things are beneath her in tradition— and she doesn’t need to be styled in Balenciaga HC to be down, but make an exception and pull a punk rock move to blow all these Royal wannabes away and give them all something to remember long after you’re gone, OG Lizzie. These re-re-re-retouched portraits from 200 years ago are just so painful to look at— may as well be a painting of her.

(Sheesh— the Dior HC on Anya looks like one of those generic DIY prom dresses— complete with the cheap, shimmering discount fabric… Pathetic.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->