UK Vogue May 2024 : Zendaya by Carlijn Jacobs

It's giving America's Next Top Model Season 18, Episode 1. I'm surprised that they didn't go all the way and let her emulate Margaret Thatcher.

At least it has fun colors. Now I'm seeing Chioma and Edward's differences since Edward's last issues in British Vogue were allergic to anything other than black, white, red, grey, and gold.

I love this cover and the concept/results of this shoot. It looks fresh!

It's giving America's Next Top Model Season 18, Episode 1. I'm surprised that they didn't go all the way and let her emulate Margaret Thatcher.

At least it has fun colors. Now I'm seeing Chioma and Edward's differences since Edward's last issues in British Vogue were allergic to anything other than black, white, red, grey, and gold.

Thank you ahahah I needed that today ahhaha.
It does give a bad ANTM shoot vibe ahahaha.
US Vogue is wayyyy way stronger.
I'm not feeling this wog nor the poses and the photos are amateurish at best...

She looks ready to catch pokemons. See more that than ANTM.
Hope she catches a good one, then! I was looking at Rihanna's Interview pictures right before landing here and saw many people complain there, now I see this?! Nothing against Zendaya, even less against Carlijn Jacobs (how come she got involved in this mess?!) but this is beyond tragic from EVERY point of view. Your pokemon comment made me like it slightly more, at least. Had a little laugh reading it (also tired of reading ANTM references every now and then a gang of TFS people dislike a bunch of visuals).

Grazia is that you?..terrible...and the styling is really to cry for...celebrities stylists (most of them) are just Celebrities stylists...and editors must know better...but in the game of cash and exclusives...

I'm sure Anna is laughing today...because even is her cover and spread are nothing new at least shows a higher level than this forgettable material..

Better than US edition but still very meh.. At least the styling feels a bit more dynamic I guess. Carlijn is such an average photographer though. There is absolutely no effort here apart from Zendaya, she really is trying at least. But just like American vogue it all feels very underwhelming. I would have loved to see her shot by Mert and Marcus + styled by George Cortina or Julia Sarr Jamois for example (And Luis Alberto Rodriguez should have shot her for US Vogue)

Really, really weak. Makes the previous cover with FKA Twigs look like a thoroughly produced piece of art.

I can't with THAT wig. More filled space on the cover, and maybe, just maybe, the result would have been less tragic.

Lulu's portrait would have been perfect for a VI couture supplement. It's very 2006.

Lulu brings her A game every single time. My God I literally gasped! She did a spectacular performance during the show and now this insane portrait.

The cover was revealed awhile ago and I’ve only just realised I haven’t had my subscription copy through yet, a testament to how poor this is. Anyway, I’ve just looked it up and seen that it’s not even on newsstands til tomorrow! I guess they had to co-ordinate with US Vogue but I think it’s such a weird tactic to release it so far in advance of when you can actually buy it.

I wonder if this will mean their publishing date stays closer to the end of the month from now on?

No sign of it arriving here, and I've not seen anyone on eBay selling an early subscription copy either.

If I have to wait two weeks to see the contents of an issue with a less-than-stellar cover, I couldn't be less interested.

It's already out. Did they change the masthead color from pastel green to bright turquoise?

It's showing as a turquoise on the digital copy, which is 232 pages, but that page count tends to include fold-out ads, so the real page count seems closer to 228 pages. The Editor's Note bigs up Samba trainers, at the same time as they take a momentary media nosedive.

A lot of the content at the front of the issue has a more formal, almost UK Bazaar feel, because there's a big jewellery section - and it can be hard to sell jewellery / expensive watches if the rest of any outfit looks too casual.

The cover story is a flick-past, which is followed by the Meisel-Debicki shoot, then Nikolai von Bismarck shoots Kate Moss, then it's Kendall outdoors, shot by Colin Dodgson, then the Meisel-Margiela story, then the Lulu Tenney-Felice-Paloma story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolelisa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->