Une Fille Un Style - Paris Vogue

I'm trying to understand how there is any way possible that Lady Gaga does not look manufactured/ have a more unique personal style than Atlanta(the girl who is mentioned as just simply a privileged kid...etc.)
Well, isn't Lady Gaga just another privileged celebrity who has "produced music"? I know she is earning her own money for her own spending, but it still doesn't mean she deserves to be featured in Une Fille Un Style any more than Atlanta does.
And her feature is extremely uninspiring. Besides, you can see most of the outfits in tabloid magazines/press...etc. Nothing as personal as the features from the past, where you can almost feel the personality of the person featured oozing out of the pictures.:P

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have anything new to post here, or even any older ones that might have not been posted? :innocent:

Vogue Paris October 2009
Madame Gaspard

scanned by Diorette

This thread has been really inactive which makes me sad. Even though I don't know how good some of the recent ones have been but I was curious about one or 2 of them.

Vogue Paris February / Février 2010
Fille : Tavi Gevinson (fashion blogger)
Photographer: Tommy Ton

source: thecanadianschooloffashion.blogspot.com

i'm so jelous she got to appear in paris vogue. she is a cut kid though

Vogue Paris April 2010
Catherine Baba by Billy Nava

*scans by vogue28

Catherine is a great choice. About to start reading it, well as much as I can understand at least.

Vogue Paris June / July 2010 (HQs)

Une Fille Un Style
Veronica Webb

scanned by Diorette

^merci!! VW is so rare, this article's a nice treat!

this is one of my favorite UFUS profiles: Loly Acuna {February 2006} She reminds me of a young Ricki Lee Jones.
dafuspv.feb06.JPGdafuspv..feb06.JPG
My scan w/ translation courtesy the lovely french blogger, le club de style.

Jewelery designer, painter, occasional writer and dabbler in gardening, Dolores Acuna embodies the Argentinian hip-telligentsa and the second breath of a capital who has every intention to forget about the financial crisis and initiate a new Movida.

A GIRL Multi-talented, painter, jewelry designer and literary buff (her writer husband Javier Tanoira being one of her favorite authors), Dolorez « Loly » Acuna is amongst the « portenas » who have made the argentinian capital hip again. A city she knows like the back of her hand : she was born here and never for one second imagines she could move elsewhere. « There’s no place like home ! » But she escapes regularly to her country house, a four hour drive away from town. « A very simple house. It was abandoned, the two of us spruced it up. It’s a place to restore yourself, with an amazing garden and hundred years old trees. »

A MEMORY Her grandmother painting in her parent’s farm. « Between the age of 5 and 10, I spent all my summer holidays there. This is probably how I became addicted to art : drawing first, then painting, which I learnt on my own and with a selection of classes. » Her mix of references : the Impressionists, Japanese ink drawings, Klimt. But also a collection of photographs, textures and fabrics.

DECOR Uncontrived and multicultural. A mix of objects of varied origins colors, styles. Family furniture sits next to Moroccan lamps and rugs. A big emphasis on antiques, but with a laid-back vibe. « The most important thing is to take your time : time to chose what you like, time to travel and bring back souvenirs. »

OUTFITS Day : laid-back. Jeans, T-shirts or colorful blouses, and flats, with a preference for her beige Marc Jacobs with a lace inlay. In the summer : Havaianas flip-flops. For night : dressy – Valentino vintage, amongst others. Open toe sandals if the weather allows it. High heels are a must, but never too high. No favored brand, but an insatiable curiosity which draws her to such diverse lines as Dries Van Noten, Rapsodia (the line designed by her sister), Isabel Marant or H&M. « I really admire designers and stylists. Fashion is a real art form. » Her all time favorite triumvirate : Yves Saint Laurent, Azzedine Alaïa and Chloé.

MAKE UP Low key. Benetint ruby red blush by Benefit and Bobby Brown’s bronzing powder, the must-have brand for a glowy skin. For her hair : a trim from time to time at the hairdresser, Kérastase hair treatments and a regular shampoo from the next door supermarket.

ACCESSORIES Her own line of whimsical jewelery. To which she adds some belts, bracelets and necklaces, from her family archive or her own stash of one of a kind finds. « I also have some heirlooms, but I rarely wear them as the streets are still a bit unsafe at night in Buenos Aires. »

BEAUTY SECRET Aloe vera. « My mother’s garden is full of it. » She cuts the leaves and uses them on her face and body. The effect is almost unreal : one look at her skin is enough to make you a convert. Therefore, Dolores has her day and night creams made to measure by a dermatologist in Buenos Aires, incorporating the magical plant.

PERFUME Just a little bit. « I like light scents for the evening. During the day, I don’t use anything. Also, heady scents make me dizzy. » Her choice : Eau de Verveine by L’Occitane, a subtle scent, and the solid perfume by Marc Jacobs. « A light gardenia that you can use in little touches. I love the packaging, which is part bottle, part compact and has its own case in white leather. »

GETAWAY Patagonia. An extraordinary region located on the far South of this country-continent. For the beach : Punta del Este, in Uruguay.

ADDICTIONS 1) Reading. Anything from French writers- with a special leaning towards Camus- to contemporary Hispanic writers : Garcia Marquez, Agustina Larreta de Alzaga, Alfonsina Storni, Neruda. And of course Javier Tanoira, her husband. 2) Plants. They bring back her childhood memories, inspire her work and are vital to her beauty regimen. Flowers and trees bring me serenity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->