Uniqlo

retrogurl

Reaction score
uniqlo_soho_001.jpg

> More pics here (there are too many pics for me to post here, sorry!)

Here’s some pictures from the UNIQLO SoHo Flagship Store opening party last night. The store is amazing and I DEF enjoyed myself last night, it is REALLY BIG (approx 36,000 ft2). DJs were spinning throughout the night and there was food performance by Chef Morimoto. Great snacks and drinks as you tour the place and lots of interesting people attended. Luv’d how everyone dressed, very trendy and the best thing was the guest list line went very quickly, the line was long but in a matter of mins you’re in the door.

Guests can also shop last night, I tried to sneak up on some Designers Project stuff but the place was just too busy to shop in, I’ll go back this weekend. As you exit the store you’re gift with a UNIQLO purple (may be there’s other colors) scarf (I believe its a cashmere or pashmina, I opened it at home and just left it there…was too beat, I’ll double check tonight), DEF nuttin’ cheap, they did a great job with the event! Did you go?

via my site nitrolicious.com/blog

Hmm I was around there last night. Those pods that they had on the streets were so cool.

Anyways, on December 3rd Im going to the opening of Black & White, very excited. Tons of PR people to socialize with.

whats the b/w party?

Diorling said:
Hmm I was around there last night. Those pods that they had on the streets were so cool.

Anyways, on December 3rd Im going to the opening of Black & White, very excited. Tons of PR people to socialize with.

Some store. It's on 5th and...23rd? I dont know. I have to find out for sure.

isnt uniqlo kind of like the japanese version of h&m??? any opinions on the clothes??

i'm not sure exactly of my opinion on the clothing for now, everyone seems to rave about it....the store however is tremendous! quite interesting

I passed by today and didn't go in, I wanted to but my car was arriving.

I got a super-cute short trench from Uniqlo Japan a couple of months back because I wasn't sure it was going to be stocked in NYC. The quality - for the cheap price of $66! - was pretty amazing! I've been stopped for it and people have wondered if it was Dior Homme... I always love telling them it's something as cheap as H&M.

The stuff at their former space in Soho was pretty sad and unattractive, but I'll check it out this weekend.

^ Thier former space was really depressing. Alright, going to Uniqlo tomorrow.

^ bakla, i saw that on their website. i want it

i think i'm gonna stop by tmw to try to get a few of the designer project stuff (i like the jacket from adam jones collection)! anyone get the designer project stuff?

Does anyone else think uniqlo's sizing is a bit large? An xs button down shirt was bigger on me than a slim fit small from h&m.
I hope thier cloak collection doesnt run big.

Stuff looks pretty good conservative look though but they have some nice looking coats. This sounds stupid how exactly do you pronounce it?(Uniq-Lo) Are they going to do rapid expansion like H&M & Zara?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went today. There was nothing I wanted, wandered aimlessly for hours. The SAs are cute though, too bad the clothes are generic but cheap (some interesting pieces).

I've returned everything I bought except two outerwear pieces - a reversible nylon puffer jacket (nicely anonymous with no logos or anything) and the aforementioned short trench. Otherwise, not much I want.

Uniqlo 100% cashmere not really cashmere?

Two weeks ago I finally gave into the cheap chic movement and bought myself a 50 pound cashmere sweater from Japanese retailer, Uniqlo. The store was crowded, I didn't try it on, it felt right, the label read 100% cashmere. I didn't wear the sweater until today. I was sitting at a table and my friend told me my hair was sticking to my sweater. I checked - she was right. I rubbed my arms against each-other and the fabric made those "crackling" sounds - like your average synthetic sweater. It was electrified! Cashmere is supposed to be a NATURAL fabric, it shouldn't happen. I tested it again and again and there is Defintely a good amount of synthetic thread.
I ask myself, WTF? How can they sell something and claim it's 100% when it clearly isn't and it's so easy to disprove?
Seriously, I know it's 100$ but I feel SO cheated. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

^ That's awful! I don't really trust Uniqlo. It's basically to me, an expensive Primark. I find everything in the store of very poor quality. The pricing is strange to me.

i never succombed to that. major marketing is to me never a good sign.
i did walk past the store in london and they were promoting all the cashmeres but i still didnt feel tempted.
if you ask me, a good cashmere find is one that one just happens to "discover" without them promoting it so widely..
now, i am unsure how it feels as i havent felt it but im intrigued to know.
as of today, i know that for approx the same price you get real nice cashmere round/v/etc neck ones at Marks and Spencer...
unless they changed their material, last time i touched they were 100%cashmere :wink:

cant you return it to the store and complain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->