US Harper’s Bazaar February 2021 : Awkwafina by Ryan McGinley

I like it, much better than Vogue Australia...not sure how I feel about the beanie on her head tho...

Whatever I could say about this cover - or any other cover this magazine has produced in recent times - I would be happy to buy a copy of this edition IF it managed to have a reasonable page count that would make the import price worth paying.

I don't think it's that bad, but in comparison to their last cover with Vanessa Kirby, it's quite weak. Wish more of her arms were showing.

I'm not ready for her with all these awful covers! Granted this one is not as awful as her Vogue Australia one, but still. It's like an outtake for an American Vogue edit, the new style of edits they do nowadays. Also, that dress is terrible. Amazed that Yashua Simmons selected the worst look from that Armani collection but I shouldn't be when you look at his past work and even Samira's.

Whatever I could say about this cover - or any other cover this magazine has produced in recent times - I would be happy to buy a copy of this edition IF it managed to have a reasonable page count that would make the import price worth paying.

Imagine buying Allure on a UK newsstand? No thanks!

I’m in love!
Can’t wait for the redesign.
She should make Joshua Fashion Director and replace Miguel

Wow. Harpers Bazaar has been on a roll since the new editor, amazing cover choices and brilliant results. This is SO much better than anything HB produced in the last few years. Awkwafina is such a fresh choice, amazing and talented woman who deserves everything this is coming her way.

Awkwafina! Thank the heavens it's not another disposable Gwyneth, JLo, ' insert overexposed boring US celebrity name here'.
Much better than the cheap gaudy US Bazaar we had for the past ten years.
The only criticism I have is the same California backgrounds.
If Cali is such a beautiful state, why do they always have the ugliest locations to shoot?!

I’ll never be ready for a beanie on the cover of a fashion glossy unless it’s Dazed or iD!

nothing works here. nothing. neither her facial expression nor her body language (what is she channeling with that, a brat? a bad b*tch?), the dress (at least this way)... it’s actually terrible the more I look at it.

sorry honey, they just can’t seem to get it right with you this year. but hey, it’s only January!
the only decent covers she got was with Variety and The Hollywood Reporter...

This cover reminds me of Bazaar's early 70's covers right before they went through their redesign with the full-face covers. Was a rough transition.

That pose and non-expression on her face... sorry but it doesn't excite me in the least. But great to see her getting more exposure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->