V #48 : Christy Turlington and Raquel Zimmermann by Inez & Vinoodh

^^ You can buy it from Borders, and also (if your in London) Selfridges...Waterstones etc

PHOTOGRAPHER SIMON PROCTER TAKES US TO THE FRONT ROW OF FASHION. IN THIS LATEST SERIES OF CATWALK PORTRAITS, HE CATCHES THE STUNNING SPECTACLE OF THE FALL 2007 RUNWAY SHOWS WHILE DESIGNERS SHARE THEIR SARTORIAL INSPIRATIONS
Photography Simon Procter

"It's bold, high-end luxury and exaggerated elegance. We added the intricate detailing and couture-like cuts from the east to put the new-look geisha glamour girl in the front line of fashion. With matching shoes and bags, this is the season for the total look and total escape."
John Galliano for Dior

Alexander McQueen

"The Regency period was a great source of inspiration, as well as Brassai's iconic photos of '30s Paris. You can see Madame Bijou, Kiki de Montparnasse, the dark paved streets, and smoky cafés in the slinky dresses and coats that wrap around the girls like rose petals."
John Galliano

"We drew on a lot of our past collections—our first collection, which was very minimal, the Russian collection, and the Scottish collection. There was inspiration from the paintings and color palette of Vermeer."
Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton

vmagazine.com

Wow, thank you for scanning all of those. Even the models I don't particularly care for look gorgeous to me in this shoot.

I cant wait until this magazine comes to my city!
For some reason I really love Stam and (especially) Hilary Rhoda's shots.
I love the black and white photos.
Only I really wish they had done more with doutzens second shot.
Other than that it looks great!

Oh wow, the before & after images are perfect: casting, styling everything.
My favourites are Isabeli, Carolyn, Stam, Malgosia and Lara.

thanks for the showstopper pics!
i like it, but...i prefer when they dont edit the images to make something up...
ariel shots would have been fine
but karma!
(i hope chanel's in there somewhere)

I love the Louis Vuitton/Procter image :woot:

to anyone with the magazine:
is the showstoppers feature only on 4 shows? dior, galliano, mcqueen & vuitton?

^Yes :flower: Although McQueen is not as extensively reported as the other three :smile:

This issue looks amazing. Thanks for all the scans :L: I'm not usually a Snejana fan but she looks amazing!

Also, I don't know if Anne-Catherine Lacroix models much anymore but I would have loved to see her in this issue.

i really have to get this issue or even a subscription :D!
first of all: thanks so much for all those scans OriginalSin :flower: HUGE karma!!

my favourite shots:
"before": daria, lily, snejana & anja
"after": lily, sasha, lara, anja & natasha :heart:

Wait, wasn't the issue supposed to be out by the 20th or something ?

I've been harrassing the sellers at the bookshops for a week now.

Ok...What the hell is going on ?

I've been waiting this issue since...forever.I left Paris on the 3th and it wasn't out yet , I'm in Lebanon at present and it's not there (they only have the summer issue).I'm just asking , is it out yet in Paris ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrblg2020
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->