Versace S/S 2016 : Gigi Hadid, Natasha Poly & Raquel Zimmerman by Steven Klein

The campaign looks like the same than the Cruise 2009 ads of Dolce & Gabbana, but Gigi don't fit well for Versace. Glad to see Natasha & Raquel.

The first image with Raquel, wow I hope that's the image they run in the magazines. Don't love that photo for the men's campaign but it's ok, maybe the others will be better.

Raquel looks good but the campaign is very flat imo. No chemistry between the girls and the location feels a bit random next to the clpthes.

Also, it reminds me a of Steven Meisel's Trendspotting editorial from VI July 2004 issue with Stam, Karen, Elise etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The menswear shot is much better to me than the womenswear ones, and you can see one of Donatella's clones in the background. This campaign looks weird, it's too bright to me (salt isn't a good idea imho, it looks like snow) and everyone looks overphotoshopped. This cast would be really good (except Gigi) but still it does nothing to me here. I don't know, I want to like it, but I can't.

Looks very 2005-2006, no? I get that sort of vibe. Quite Dolce&Gabbanish in their good times. But this falls flat for me.

I have no words for Raquel because she's beyond any description. A total goddess, she dignifies everything she touches. Just flawless. I can't get enough of her. She's just that good.

Nothing against Gigi but she looks so out of place here... So, so, so out of place.

Donatella_versace's Instagram (photos spliced by me)

Ugh, Donatella had the final say on which photos to use... The bottom that Klein is pointing to and Natasha's to the right would have been so good. I hope they release more shots.

I just noticed the splicing created SOS :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That solo shot of Natasha in the rightmost and the one Steven is pointing look promising. Please let there be more shots.

Great concept. Raquel is a POWERHOUSE, she owns EVERYTHING in this. My poor Natasha, they really pushed her into the foreground. It seems like they were trying to make Gigi the front and center, probably because of her little Instagram rant that brought attention and was centered around the Versace show.

I really love it, it feels fresh. However, why is Gigi the star???

Why does it look dated? I would have loved this entirely when we're back in 2005. Back then this would have been a powerhouse campaign, but now... it falls short as merely a US Vogue editorial. The photoshop is also bad. In one shot they seem like they're floating... tbh Inez and Vinoodh / Mario Sorrenti would have given this more justice.

I love Gigi, Raquel, and Natasha... but I don't think Gigi deserves to be the main cast when paired with these two. My goodness, Natasha & Raquel (most certainly) are slaying her and they're just even on the background. I love Gigi, but this campaign made her look so weak.

Raquel my goodness! Such a powerhouse! She basically killed everyone in this campaign (Sorry Natasha my love). My eyes go straight to her with every shot! And I didn't intentionally plan to look at her. She just steals everything.

This is Natasha's first Versace right? She didn't deserve the background treatment. I wish there are more shots of her. But meh, who cares if she's not the main shot if she's basically serving in the background.

The men's campaign is stunningly sexy! Wow. But my only complaint was why leave out Alessio Pozzi? Or maybe he's part of the M&M package and are loyal to them? He would have been a star in this campaign!

Raquel absolutely slays this campaign. I definitely prefer it over last seasons but some of the images look really weird, like the models were photoshopped on (even though they obviously weren't). Gigi is weak here and I think this is obvious in the second shot which for me, ruins everything. It just looks awkward and the other photos that could've been chosen would've been much better options.

The whole campaign itself looks like quite old to me and maybe that's because of the similar casting but I'm not too fussed about that. I also like the small figures in the back, it's interesting.

Donatella, girl, wtf is happening? Where's Anna Ewers?

Raquel slays this so far. Wow. What a model. Even in the background she outshines Gigi and even Natasha. Hopefully Natasha doesn't get the background treatment. She is better then that.
I normally don't mind Gigi, i do enjoy some of her work (W cover with Meisel was stunning), but she is no match for these two, especially Raquel.

Gigi is a misfit next to these two even though she is kind a Versace to me. Anna Ewers would be a good fit. Great fits for me are Daria W, Doutzen, Lara or MCB next to Natasha and Raquel. All from the same era and all icons in the industry.

Raquel is the star here :heart:
I'm really disappointed that they didn't let Natasha shine...
Gigi looks like she's gonna melt from all this photoshop, I really can't stand her face (and her personally, she's too try hard and attention seeker)

Seems like every girl will have her shot on the front at least once.
The season hasn´t even started yet, there are lots of pics to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->