Vintage Clutch Bags

ooo those are stunning!!! I have one similar to the last one you posted, the second pearl one is goooorgeous!!!

I don't use clutches so often, so I never buy any, but I have got quite a few nice ones from the surplus stock of my grandmother's shop - she sold gowns, bags and other nice stuff and her shop was opened in 1936 and closed in 1971.
The materials are lizard, snakeskin and silk/pearls.

WOW, those are a-m-a-z-i-n-g. You are soo lucky w the shop stock; you dont plan on a brief reopening of the shop on the internet soon by any chance? I will be a customer, that is for sure.

WOW, those are a-m-a-z-i-n-g. You are soo lucky w the shop stock; you dont plan on a brief reopening of the shop on the internet soon by any chance? I will be a customer, that is for sure.

:D I thought of reopening the boutique, but I don't think I could get hold of the same location. And the location is not as attractive today as it was then, so....

Mettchen - How cute... your clutch reminds me of 'Rainbow Brite'.:P
Is the ribbon removable?

I LOVE that Dior clutch! I want one! and a doctor bag too. heh.

hehe that one is a the beccaria (the tweedy one), the one that is smooth cream leather that she has in DIOR is JL.

I've been looking for a nice doctor bag too. I can't seem to find any vintage ones that are in good condition.
But back to clutches, I have some sort of addiction to them also. I've managed to pick up a few. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

my vintage leather clutches the light pink is silk, the tan is leather

Attachments

• trinesnyeting 005.jpg
    trinesnyeting 005.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
  • trinesnyeting 006.jpg
    trinesnyeting 006.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 94
here are some pics of clutches/handbags that I've bought recently.

(i apologize for the quality, i took the pics with my camera. i also took them at an angle so that you can't see my shadow! lol)

Ooo, pretty! :flower:

I need to take some pics of some I've bought recently -- all thrifted. One is this handmade straw with a shell clasp and another is this huuuuuge soft black leather one. Both were only $4!

I am incredibly excited, a woman who owns a consignment store that I frequent is buying out a vintage bag collector this week and I get to go look at her haul tomorrow and hopefully find some lovelys:smile: Keep posting, I love all these bags:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->