Vogue Netherlands May 2012 : Lara Stone by Josh Olins

I love Lara, but she looks like a ghost here. such a disappointing cover, really sad....

This should be the first issue cover! Its so much better. The photographer, the model (even through I love Ymre, Romee and Jos).
My only complain is the text. It looks like what someone would do for a Vogue Paris cover in The Cover Challenge.

This should've been the first issue cover!

She was the one who put Netherlands models on the fashion radar, she was deserving of the first issue ... but second is good as well, and this issue judging by the cover looks way more polished and charming than the first "Terry Richardson" look-a-like one!

Can't wait too see what eds are in there!!! :blush:
Lara looks phenomenal! :blush::heart:

Editorial rianne ten haken and iekeliene stange GREAT ISSUEE

As everyone already said, this should have been the debut cover! I thought it was a budget issue, and that they couldn't afford Lara yet, but now I'm just puzzled. Anyway, hope the contents improve as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This cover is by far better than the premiere issue. Lara should have gotten the first cover! It clearly wasn't a budget problem if they managed to snag her for the second.

Now this more like it. With such a wonderful shot of Lara to welcome people in the issue, I can't wait to see all the contents it has to offer.

It's certainly better, just not jawdropping. She looks lifeless, too pale for my taste. But I'm looking forward to look at the photoshoot, after all, it's Lara and I love her. She looks gorgeous as usual

WOW I love this cover so much! Lara's face is just iconic. A definite hit for Dutch Vogue!

Okay I agree it's a way better cover than the first. I like it. On the other side I'm not sure if I like the fact that Vogue NL in my opinion seems to become a huge 'dutch models only' appreciation centre. I understand the cast of the first cover, I can come to like the second issue with Lara, because she's a top one. I won't be convinced with third issue and another cover with, I don't know, Mirte Maas, Daphne G or pick another dutchies' name. Is it Vogue-worthy at all? I mean I have nothing against dutch models, they are amazing in great majority. Maybe it won't be like this at all, that's just the first two issues. But, yeah, that's only my opinion. Anyway, the cover is superb. Very soft portrait, a bit cold I'd say. Nice one.

Love the simplicity and cleanness of this cover. To me it's very inviting.

I like this cover a lot but something seems off about Lara's eyes,* like they are red rimmed or something. I think that they were going for ethereal and got hungover vampire, although she is definitely an eye-catching hungover vampire.

* Red-rimmed or not, as I have stated before in other threads, I <3 Lara's brown eyes.

The cover just drew me in. The facial expression here is perfect.

Beautiful shot, love the feeling of soft dreaminess it has.

Okay I agree it's a way better cover than the first. I like it. On the other side I'm not sure if I like the fact that Vogue NL in my opinion seems to become a huge 'dutch models only' appreciation centre. I understand the cast of the first cover, I can come to like the second issue with Lara, because she's a top one. I won't be convinced with third issue and another cover with, I don't know, Mirte Maas, Daphne G or pick another dutchies' name. Is it Vogue-worthy at all? I mean I have nothing against dutch models, they are amazing in great majority. Maybe it won't be like this at all, that's just the first two issues. But, yeah, that's only my opinion. Anyway, the cover is superb. Very soft portrait, a bit cold I'd say. Nice one.

If Vogue Brazil can use Brazilian models pretty much exclusively (although they're using more foreign ones lately), what's wrong with this edition using Dutch models? What's wrong with an edition of Vogue being tailored to it's market?

Josh Olins' work just keeps getting better and better. I mean Lara looks great but the beauty in this cover is all down to his vision here. Can't wait to see his astronomical rise to the big league from here on, if there's one "up and coming" (if you will) photographer who deserves major success, it's him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenanova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->