Vogue Netherlands May 2012 : Lara Stone by Josh Olins

If Vogue Brazil can use Brazilian models pretty much exclusively (although they're using more foreign ones lately), what's wrong with this edition using Dutch models? What's wrong with an edition of Vogue being tailored to it's market?
I agree with this. For whatever reason, there are a heck of a lot of notable Dutch models out there, so assuming that models like Lara and Doutzen, and maybe even Saskia and Daphne, would repeat, Vogue Netherlands can go for two, maybe three, years using Dutch models exclusively.

Why didn`t they use this as their debut issue?

The shot is amazing. It`s the Lara I love. Beautiful and effortless. Although, that`s just about it. I don`t like the text placement that looks like a knock off of Vogue Paris`, the colors are too strong for a very subtle shot.

There`s always room for improvement. At least this cover showed some improvement from the last one.

This is such a beautiful cover, it's so beautiful that it looks like a dream. Lara's face is just exquisite :heart:

I dont like the cover. So tacky and cheap. Especially the pink font.

boring cover... Lara is reaching my top 5 models that bore me these days;-) LOL sorry... and these teeth gaps need to stop...

Its stunning, although i feel like i have seen her being photographed in this way before, no matter, its stunning. However i would have loved this more if it was different font for the masthead.

why hasn't anyone bashed the text placement and the font yet? that's what's really bothering me about this cover, it looks so messy and a bit amateurish

To me this cover is simply perfection, with a different model it may have looked dull but Laras beauty is so ethereal and out of this world that its amazing:heart:. Very excited to see her inside editorial:D. And what a huge improvement over the premeire cover.

I can definitely see why people like this more than the first, but honestly I liked the premiere cover a lot better (more interesting model selection). However, I'm glad this is more "fashionable" and I really like that Lara's eyes are the focus... :crush:

because of that font, vogue netherlands reminds me little bit of vogue paris

OMG! this is a beautiful cover, I'm in love with it :heart:

Vogue Netherlands....why?

Vogue Japan, why? Vogue Portugal, why? Vogue Spain, why? Vogue China, why?

I mean, we have tons of great models, in the top 50 alone there are like 10 Dutch, with 3 in the top 10. We can do 24 covers with every month a topmodel on it.

Vogue Japan, why? Vogue Portugal, why? Vogue Spain, why? Vogue China, why?

I mean, we have tons of great models, in the top 50 alone there are like 10 Dutch, with 3 in the top 10. We can do 24 covers with every month a topmodel on it.

^i almost said the same thing a fuw post back Forrest ! But you think the same way i do :wink:)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->