Vogue Netherlands July 2013 : Kinee Diouf by Ishi

tentalicious

Reaction score
94691637811360563119019.png

[facebook/Vogue Netherlands]

Kudos to them for having a black model on the cover! :woot:

Model aside, I'm not sure if I like this cover but I have to applaud them for choosing a photo that one wouldn't really expect to see on the cover of Vogue.

Black girl on the cover, very surprising but welcomed choice (though the cynic in me thinks its to make amends for May's blackface editorial fiasco..)

Who is the model? Kinee Diouf?

Model : Kinee Diouf

Photographer : Ishi

Stylist : Marije Goekoop

I love the fact that they put a black girl on the cover and I love the image. But I'm not sure if it's right for a cover.

CharlottefromCA, the cynic in me says the same thing but I'm trying to think that they actually did it for the right reasons. :P

Black girl on the cover, very surprising but welcomed choice (though the cynic in me thinks its to make amends for May's blackface editorial fiasco..)

Or maybe it has something to do with the Mode Biënnale Arnhem's theme which is fetishism in fashion.

Great to see Kinee! The effect of the dress and the sky's colours are quite mesmerizing.

It's an eye-catching cover and I appreciate that they went with something outside the box, but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't really look like a fashion magazine. It looks kind of cheap. And, you can barely even see the model's face.

stands out clearly... amazing cover although i dont know anything of the cover girl. :smile:

OH MY GOSH! Amazing!!!

Stunning colors, but wish I could see her face more clearly.

Font sucks and so does the image.

Well the whole magazine is put together way way in advance. Only something really catastrophic would make them change things. Once for work I contacted Vogue UK to to add something to the text of some images we've sent them previously and almost two months in advance they couldn't alter anything because all layouts were already done.

It's not a bad cover but simply not my cup of tea, i just hate loud summer prints. And this cover is exactly that.

What an eyecatching cover. I like that it's different and I like angle of the cover photo.
Love this creativity much more than reprints.

what a weird choice for a cover image, it looks okay i guess..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->