Vogue Netherlands April 2013 : Milou van Groesen by Alique

I think it's hilarious that they use only Dutch models... but never seem to shoot in the Netherlands. A regional backdrop would have been the perfect setting for this editorial, but instead we get palm trees :rolleyes: I found the styling of the cover horrendous (so dated with those Chanel pearls that were popular 5+ years ago), in fact the only good thing about the cover is the lack of photoshopping.

The best Vogue Netherlands cover for a long time! Milou looks fabulous and in this editorial is very similar to Anja!:heart:

"Exceptional Pieces"

Photographer: Ishi
Stylist: Marije Goekoop
Hair: Leslie Thibaud
Make-up: Tatsu Yamanaka

Model: Melissa Tammerijn

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

"La Pierette Joyeuse"

Photographer: Christian Anwander
Stylist: Marije Goekoop
Hair: Roberto Di Cuia
Make-up: Pep Gay

Model: Mina Cvetkovic

"Des Yeux Fantas Tiques"

Photographer: Jan Welters
Stylist: Jos Van Heel
Hair: Valentin
Make-up: Kathinka Gernant
Manicure: Typhaine Kersual

Model: Nimue Smit

^You perfectly sum up my point of view on the cover. Unfortunately, the contents don't really follow, especially Mina's story which is such a waste of a model who's already way too rare in magazines.

I am in the netherlands for work atm so i bought this magazine. It's dissapointing. I don't have a problem that they use dutch or half dutch models because they don't look a like and they have international topmodels like Lara Stone, Doutzen Kroes, Saskia de Brauw but they really don't know how to pick the right cover. This cover is okay i guess. For the next i would love to see Nimue Smit.

I really don't see the problem in using all Dutch models, considering Vogue US just sticks to American celebrities and Kate Moss is on the British Vogue at least three times a year. If they want to use their magazine as a platform for national models then it really shouldn't be a criticism.

Also why on earth would they photoshop the moles off of the model? I don't know about most of you but I don't like women looking plastic. I think the decision to not airbrush so much on this cover (and believe me, there is already a lot of retouching in that image) should be lauded, not questioned.

Wow endrantbadday/

Great cover, great edits! Especially La Pierette Joyeuse, just fun and different. Thank you for posting, meidude!

I really don't see the problem in using all Dutch models, considering Vogue US just sticks to American celebrities and Kate Moss is on the British Vogue at least three times a year. If they want to use their magazine as a platform for national models then it really shouldn't be a criticism.

Also why on earth would they photoshop the moles off of the model? I don't know about most of you but I don't like women looking plastic. I think the decision to not airbrush so much on this cover (and believe me, there is already a lot of retouching in that image) should be lauded, not questioned.

Wow endrantbadday/

US Vogue has had European actresses from UK, Spain and France on its covers. Certainly on the rare occasions they do model covers, most of them are from outside the USA. Just a point of information :flower:.

I enjoy the cover and the edits aren't that bad. Makes me curious to see what former issues were like. I don't pay attention to this Vogue edition much.

US Vogue has had European actresses from UK, Spain and France on its covers. Certainly on the rare occasions they do model covers, most of them are from outside the USA. Just a point of information :flower:.

I enjoy the cover and the edits aren't that bad. Makes me curious to see what former issues were like. I don't pay attention to this Vogue edition much.

Vogue US is also a mass market publication and has been around for over a century, while Netherlands is just over a year old. Its nice they're giving Dutch models covers b/c unless you're Lara Stone it won't be likely a Dutch model will make it on Vogue UK, France etc.

this issue isnt the best but i've loved the others. i love this magazine.

Vogue US is also a mass market publication and has been around for over a century, while Netherlands is just over a year old. Its nice they're giving Dutch models covers b/c unless you're Lara Stone it won't be likely a Dutch model will make it on Vogue UK, France etc.

But what has nationality to do with anything? A good model is a good model. Its not like dutch models have been overlooked abroad and the world is missing this amazing talent, quite the contrary actually. Choosing models purely based on their nationality is parochial. I can understand that magazines may lean heavily to models that are on the radar in their own countries, but not to the exclusion of all others. Kate Moss is used quite a lot by Vogue UK, but its probably used even more by Vogue Paris. Vogue Paris that in the last years incidentally had on their covers all the Dutch tops, for a French publication they hardly use French models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->