Vogue Paris August 2013 : Daria Werbowy by David Sims

Rigida

Reaction score
Source Vogue Paris Twitter

Daria Werbowy by David Sims

Attachments

• le_num__ro_d_ao__t_2013_de_vogue_paris___a_c_est_londres_daria_werbowy_par_david_sims_8225_north.jpg
    le_num__ro_d_ao__t_2013_de_vogue_paris___a_c_est_londres_daria_werbowy_par_david_sims_8225_north.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 131
Vogue Paris August 2013: Daria Werbowy

1006251_10151542905542705_363569097_n.jpg

vogue paris facebook

They should have added more text :rolleyes:

Text disaster aside, I don't like this cover at all. Boring background, no pants (?), something about Daria's face seems off.

A 100% London edition to the discovery of its icons and the new spring line to feel the pulsating beat heart of the British capital, on newsstands July 19.

"Only two hours to reach London, yet exoticism is guaranteed. Between Victorian houses and futuristic architecture, between multicultural crowd and revered royal family, the British capital slap us in the eye with a unique blend of reserve and eccentricity, nourished by centuries of entrenched traditions and sense of insularity. "wrote Emmanuelle Alt, editor in chief of Vogue Paris, in the editorial of the August 2013 issue. A half-punk dual dynamic mid-aristo, embodied in coverage Daria Werbowy, photographed by David Sims jacket Ralph Lauren stripes with a piercing for only accessory. The merger between these opposing energies continues inside, played by the greatest photographers of Vogue: Inez & Vinoodh to play double face of the London and push exercise to the extreme with the top Anja Rubik, when Allasdair McLellan undertaker's daughter Camden Road and David Sims captures the Pope british fashion, the great Vivienne Westwood. Throughout the London Eye, it always crosses the icon, Kate Moss, the new faces of all of London (Charlotte Olympia, Georgia May Jagger ...), but also the rising British stage, the model Edie Campbell prodigy musical King Krule. A wedding in the unique English, to discover on newsstands July 19.
vogue.fr

This is something between Japanese Vogue and American Elle. Not so bad, but it doesn't taste like VP definitely.

I definitely can't wait to see that long editorial by Sims.

Is there too much text? : Yes
Do I thing text looks bad? : No
Does Daria's smile look fine? : No
Is this so ****ing sexy that makes you forget about Daria's smile? : Definitely

Vogue Paris has nailed it!

love the cover. daria looks so fresh and beautiful. too much text definitely.

What the hell is THIS?!

Not even Daria can save this utter mess for me, from the ridiculous styling of the unimpressive image to that damn layout, darling this isn't Esquire? Just No!

The disappointment of this magazine under Alt knows no end! At least, until now, i thought she knew how to make appealing covers, guess it ran out!

Not appropiate for a fashion magazine. Apart from the awful layout; I can't believe they chose that smile for the cover. It's not flattering at all

But I have learned not to judge a book for its cover when Emmanuelle is behind it.

Im so happy Edie is in this issue, but they didn't mention Cara? She's currently one of the biggest UK model right? But i think we will still find her in this issue..

Btw the cover is nice imo, the text is a bit too Elle US, but it's still nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is an all time low from Alt.

Yikes. That's terrible. Her face looks awful. The teeth are huge. The hair is greasy. The mouth is wide. The expression is maniacal. The photoshop is overdone. Disappointing all around.

Also. I love Daria, but I'm kind of bored seeing her on the cover of VP all the time. But then, better Daria than someone lame. So never mind, lol.

"THE LONDON ISSUE"....featuring an American Designer on the cover....please....give me a break.

In other news...I LOVE IT (Appart from the choice of designer). The Text, the bold red....its very british.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->