Vogue Paris August 2013 : Daria Werbowy by David Sims

I read a few day ago about the three requirements every graphic work must have : Graphic language, concept and context. The first two are clearly noticeable but the last one is intangible and sometimes underrated, without it a work could easily fall flat or just fail.

The context here is London, a London's tribute, it's largely known as an avant-garde, vehement, enthusiastic and intense culture and somehow noisy and vibrant. I can clearly notice all those qualities as "subliminal" messages here.

It's really beautiful. Simple and gorgeous. I like the natural beauty peg of the cover. It's laid back and it works. Gone are the days where VP was over the top, and I'm welcome to that.

The simplicity pretty much diminishes because it's overloaded with text. Not to mention that image of Daria looks homely, like a bad morning photo but with levity. Not enjoying her on the cover.

Looking cheaper and cheaper... I sure as hell am not going to renew my subscription when it's finally over. I'm tired of this subpar magazine.

This doesn't even look like Daria and the text overload is unreal. Shame on you Emmanuelle.

i thought this one was Esquire Us from a far. The styling, layout and tons of text more likely an esquire cover than VP. What is she wearing to? Well if this an esquire cover, I'd love it but for VP? Errr no

"THE LONDON ISSUE"....featuring an American Designer on the cover....please....give me a break.

Ha, right! Not to mention Daria, because we must have one of Alt's favorites, even if it makes no sense.

I mean geeze we had the Parisienne issue last September, then we had the I love America issue with Milla Jovovich in February and now we get "The London issue".

Alt is so brainless.

Gone are the days where VP was over the top, and I'm welcome to that.

Did you miss May and April covers?

I can't believe Vogue Paris went from this August cover to that eyesore posted in the previous page.

listal.com

2gtotjr.jpg
smafif.jpg

Elle.com

I though the same! So sad since Vogue Paris always delivers so little text in their covers. The content seems nice, though.

Omg she looks Old in here :ninja:
So boring and not VP at all. Gosh VP just keep producing really boring and uninspire covers.

^^ omg :shock: that just ruined the whole cover for me. There's nothing to like apart from that Ralph Lauren jacket.
And the rest of the issue seems boring as well.

i like the text, the colour, daria

hate what she is wearing, hate this "london" idea...there's a reason i don't buy uk vogue its because it's boring :lol:

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the thread title, because it seems ages ago since I got the June/July issue with Andreea.

Whilst I do also acknowledge the vast similarity between this and American Elle's cover, Elle weren't exactly the first ones to think of this particular style of layout. In fact, the earliest I recall of this style is a Vogue Paris cover from March 1995 with Anne Pedersen by Mario Testino.

It's so welcoming to see a smile on the cover of Vogue. Freja's smile on British Vogue is so inviting and I think Daria's smile is also. At first I did think it looked a little awkward but the more I look at it, I think not so much. She's probably had a better expression on her face before, and nothing will beat Arizona Muse's on the November 2011 cover. Although I do, genuinely, think this is a terrific looking cover.

I adore this jacket but apart from it this cover is BAD on so many levels... :shock::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->