What Are You Listening to Right Now?

Aaliyah on Spotify. I always wonder how her career would've materialized had she not passed. Would she have Janet + Beyonce-like status by now, or just fell by the wayside after, say, album 4? Or would she have made that successful transition to film star as well?

Gone, but not forgotten.

Slipknot - The Chapeltown Rag

Aaliyah on Spotify. I always wonder how her career would've materialized had she not passed. Would she have Janet + Beyonce-like status by now, or just fell by the wayside after, say, album 4? Or would she have made that successful transition to film star as well?

Gone, but not forgotten.

I think she would've been a big film star and possibly tv as well. I remember her wanting to work with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, which would've been insane.

Massive Attack - Everywhen

Just yesterday I listened to mbv by My Bloody Valentine in its entirety...such a coincidince!

Also a fantastic album. Kevin Shields has announced another record many times since then but nothing's ever materialized sadly.

I loved the experience of listening to 30 as a full album, but I have to say none of the songs on it hit me the way the best of Adele's previous albums do. That's kind of a rare occurrence, most albums have one or two standout songs and the rest are kind of filler, but 30 is consistently very good, with no showstoppers (I mean, I guess Easy on Me kind of is, but it's not even a top 5 Adele song)

Perhaps I'll feel differently on subsequent listens

^ I feel the same about 30! All the songs sort of bled into each other. She'll never top When We Were Young for me.

Reactions: KoV
30 is consistently very good, with no showstoppers (I mean, I guess Easy on Me kind of is, but it's not even a top 5 Adele song)

It's To Be Loved for me, that song hasn't left my mind since the album came out. I'm obsessed! Woman Like Me is a close second at the moment.

Reactions: KoV
I want to listen to the entire album once or twice more and see if I can rank the songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->