Why is Vogue Australia so bad?

And I just watched that video from ABC. Vogue Australia should be so ashamed. Im embarassed for them :ninja:

I completely agree with Miss pepa's statemens about Russh.

I think people should lose their jobs over this... Sounds mean, but Vogue Aust is lame enough without full on plagiarism.

This magazine just doesn't represent Australian women!

OMG, that is bad! Vogue Aus should indeed be ashamed!

I think Vogue Australia has had the misfortune to employ someone who clearly isn't up to the job. I'm sure no-one at the magazine would have imagined any staff member would resort to such college-style plagiarism of other people's work - certainly not when the final piece is going out to a public readership.

Yes, publications employ fact-checkers and sub-editors, but their job isn't to check that entire articles are fraudulent. When it comes to plagiarism, that responsibility lies with the person who created the piece. No magazine editor would knowingly commission or run with something that could potentially get the magazine into trouble.

That person has brought the name of the magazine that employs them into disrepute, and has damaged the credibility of other people who work at the magazine. A bad apple.

miss_pepa said:
Russh is without doubt the best thing thats happened in Australian fashion magazines in the last couple of years. quote]

Couldnt agree with you more! Russh is like a breath of fresh air especially when it comes to Australian Fashion magazines. Australian Vogue is just fullstop CRAP. Someone needs to get savy woman in there rather than that old hag Kristie Clements who knows nothing. I know that there are plenty of Australian women who KNOW fashion and who would actually put in an effort rather than the measily - stuck in a rut - job Clements is doing..

Vogue Australia is becoming increasignly bland and generic recently. What really annoys me is that April is supposed to be the very large and full SPRING issue - all the fashion magazines in the WORLD are putting out very large issues.

Not Australia Vogue. Of course they had to continue the crappy layout and the complete lack of pages. The issues are getting thinner and thinnner - meaning only ONE thing - they are running out of ideas.

But I guess that's what happens when you employ a fat bogan mole to be the editor-in-chief. Christ, I would rather have ANYONE as the editor in chief! Clements only embarasses Australia and misrepresents Australian fashion to the world!

songbirdsel said:
Australian Vogue is just fullstop CRAP. Someone needs to get savy woman in there rather than that old hag Kristie Clements who knows nothing. I know that there are plenty of Australian women who KNOW fashion and who would actually put in an effort rather than the measily - stuck in a rut - job Clements is doing..

Yes yes yes!!!! :lol: ^_^ Completely agree with you that Clements is so far from knowing fashion.

I mean in the March issue they mistakenly labelled a runway shot of the S/S 07 Marni show - Stella McCartney! And whats worse is that the shot was of a piece that had leather in it!!!!

I laughed so hard when I realised the contradiction there. It's purely BAD and SLOPPY editing! :angry: :innocent:

That said, remember when UK Vogue couldn't spell Kiera Knightley's name correctly, when they printed it on the cover. Random mistakes and caption slip-ups happen to the best of magazines.

kuba01 said:
Yes yes yes!!!! :lol: ^_^ Completely agree with you that Clements is so far from knowing fashion.

I mean in the March issue they mistakenly labelled a runway shot of the S/S 07 Marni show - Stella McCartney! And whats worse is that the shot was of a piece that had leather in it!!!!

I laughed so hard when I realised the contradiction there. It's purely BAD and SLOPPY editing! :angry: :innocent:

There's a mistake in this months issue too...

quoted from a member of VF:
...there is a mistake on page 88, racheal bilson is carrying zac posen and not miu miu

I really hope something is done about this. Its only since I started reading this thread that my eyes were really opened as to how bad Aus Vogue had become. Guess I was always just bias...
I desperately hope some changes are made, Australians shouldnt have to resort to spending $16 on an international magazine just to get the quality we deserve! At least we have Russh... SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE IT MONTHLY!

Vogue US and GQ US needs help too. I've flicked thorugh them and they are just about celebs and that bores me to death.

I suddenly realised over the weekend that I haven't bought an issue of Vogue Australia in over a year, maybe even two years, which says it all. If the magazine is currently as bad as readers says it is, then maybe a clean sweep of all the staff might make a difference. Or else it may go the way of Australian Elle.

I still buy Vogue Living, that magazine seems alright.

OMG I'm gob smacked. I thought that everyone knew that AU Vogue took articles word for word from other condi mags. Because all articles are "owned" by the same company I thought they were allowed to do that but to actually put another name on it and say you wrote it.

Not cool Aussie Vogue not cool.

I will admit that I brought Aprils issue (first one since Mischa's cover and then before that Mischa other one but I haven't purchase any in between) I thought someone had finally pulled their finger out of their *** and finally made a good issue.

I can't believe Kirstie is defending this. She is so busted. Give it up honey. It's just so pathetic. I bet the chick doesn't lose her job and they just change her "name".

When my US Vogue (the other pathetic Vogue) sub runs out this year I am so replacing it with RUSSH. RUSSH is one of the coolest mags EVER:bounce:

And The Times newspaper has no affiliation with Conde Nast at all, so lifting items from that source is going even farther than recycling something from your own parent company.

This Will Intrigue everyone Read THIS!!!!!

I have done work experience with Australan Vogue. Its not their fault the editorials are so boring most of the time. It just the comany that own the magazine is extrenely conservative. I do agree. It is boring most of the time. It seems like every 4 issues there is a good one.

They have limited options with what they are aloud too do. SO give them a break. Its not their fault. The people who work there arent boring.

We should all just be patient and keep wishing for a fresh new look.

Thankyou for your insight! :smile:
I understnd that the problem comes for higher powers. Its up to conde nast at large to make a difference, to give them more money and resources to improve the situation. Its just upsetting to see such a decline in the quality of a once great magazine!

tigerrouge said:
That said, remember when UK Vogue couldn't spell Kiera Knightley's name correctly, when they printed it on the cover. Random mistakes and caption slip-ups happen to the best of magazines.

i had a giggle last year when our s/s fashion week was on. AU Harpers Bazaar sponsors the 'daily fashion' type rag to kepp everyone up to date during fshion week and in one story they had a picture of australian Designer Jayson Brunsdon next to a picture of Elber Albaz and they labelled each person the opposite name (they look nothing alike) and directly below them they had seseme st's big bird picture to send up the picture next to it showing one of the designs that featured models in canary yellow dresses - and they did the same thing labeled the models 'Big bird from Sesame St'.... it seems quite insignificant but the fact that these images took up half of the A3 sized page was quite funny.... haha then again i had been waiting for a shows to start all day and i was starting to get a bit hysterical:cry: :blink:

brasillianboi said:
I have done work experience with Australan Vogue. Its not their fault the editorials are so boring most of the time. It just the comany that own the magazine is extrenely conservative. I do agree. It is boring most of the time. It seems like every 4 issues there is a good one.

They have limited options with what they are aloud too do. SO give them a break. Its not their fault. The people who work there arent boring.

We should all just be patient and keep wishing for a fresh new look.
Oh come on, I work in the same building as Vogue Aus and I know the people who (use to - New Limited just bought the company's stable of magazines and newspapers a few months ago) over see the mag from management point of view. If something's vile they will say so. It's not like Aus Vogue have that many amazing ideas to put into print.

Their website didn't even brainstorm any new ideas for their Aus Fashion Week coverage.

P.S. Natasha Inchley didn't lose her job, she's still working for Vogue and doing the odd fashion show review.

You could check out the comments and the last paragraph of this article.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/archives/2007/05/veni_vidi_varga_brunsdons_pinu.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenextbigthing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->