Why is Vogue Australia so bad?

how ironic that a feature is how much supermodels are loved, yet a celebrity on the cover...

Yes VERY! I used to buy Aus Vogue for years and stopped this year because it was just not worth it anymore. Not even the fashion. NOTHING.

I think Vogue all together has just gone down.

Do any of you Australians buy RUSSH, I LOVE IT! Best magazine.

I haven't bought Aus Vogue in while, the last one I bought was the Gemma issue, which was the best I had seen in a while.
The ones I have liked was:
Gemma guest edit and Karl Lagerfield guest edit.

I don't think aust vogue knows its own audience. One minute they are telling you to "look great at any age", then the have a plastic surgery special, then they show Mischa Barton on the cover.... it is too random and mis-matched...
I don't think they have researched their market and you can often find the most random articles in it every month.

I love UK Vogue personally and am always impressed with their issues. It is a pity I can't buy it all the - being $11 an issue :( Sometimes I feel I can't justify that for a mag.

yes i buy RUSSH! great isnt it! so umpretentious and relevent just so fashion-y

polka_dot said:
This is how I feel about Vogue US. I do keep it around for the ads though! But that cover looks a lot better than anything I've seen on Vogue US recently, even though I'm not a big fan of Mischa.

I agree.

Though I don't like reading it, I do think they do quite a good job of the covers. The Aust Jen Aniston cover looks a lot better (to me anyway, it is subjective after all) than the original US one.

I hate Aus Vogue....I've stopped reading it because all the issues end up exactly the same as each other, and it's more worthwhile just to read US Vogue or another mag.

Cover & editorial

source: theplace.ru

As someone working in Oz fashion, I can confirm I don't know a single person who buys Aus Vogue. We have fresh copies in the media library every month, but no one ever reads it (expect for the marketing girls looking for mentions)

Everyone I know reads UK Vogue, Russh and Oyster. I also like the Aus / NZ Nylon editions as well. Also, did you know that Nylon does video podcasts? Not all that often, but they do.

Oyster and Russh - great Aus mags - there is no excuse for Aus Vogue to be so utterly C-R-A-P

I've seen the Aust Nylon podcasts. I bought Aust Nylon's first issue which was alright, but I still prefer Nylon over it.

Follow is not too bad either, though incredibly annoyoing to read because of the layout and fonts.

loved that Gemma guest edit. I buy it once in a while, depending on how its impression from my 2 minute glance at the newsagent before I have to rush off somewhere else. Whilst I definitely agree with the lack of AUS articles, I do like some of the model editorials from italian/french vogue.

Russh is great. Dont read oyster. I sometimes buy Nylon though. And the foreign vogues if I have the money to spare, and if the comments about it on TFS are good :D

lemeray said:
Yes VERY! I used to buy Aus Vogue for years and stopped this year because it was just not worth it anymore. Not even the fashion. NOTHING.

I think Vogue all together has just gone down.

Yes i too love RUSSH! I also buy NYLON and occasionally yen and frankie.

I stopped buying Aussie Vogue about a year ago when I discovered Russh. Its a much more 'quality' magazine with interesting editorials and articles - I think its very fresh. I just wish it came out monthly - I hate waiting!

Oyster and Russh - great Aus mags - there is no excuse for Aus Vogue to be so utterly C-R-A-P

I don't mind Harpers Bazaar, as it has lots of editorials, but otherwise I find it quite ordinary. I want to check out Oyster now...

I am loving Russh, my mum sometimes buys Aust Vogue for me but I am dissatisfied by it every month....

i think RUSSH is much more relevant to the australian market than vogue because vogue tries too hard to emuate it's overseas editions when the australian market is so different. the majority of people who buy/wear/know fashion are young. australians are casual. fun. colourful.

vogue australia featuring editorials of black chanel suits or valentino gowns is totally irrelevant because things like that are hardly available here- and where they are only a very small minority of australians could afford that- our climate doesn't allow that type of clothing, and most people just don't dress up full stop. people who are interested in fashion idolise the russh girl- young, beautiful, affordable clothes (in comparison to vogue), casual, vintage, markets..... what people actually wear or could imagine themselves wearing.
vogue as their market all wrong. 14 yr old girls in stuff only a rich enclave of middle aged women can afford/would ever wear? irrelevant celebs noone cares about here>?
NEW EDITOR!

Vogue Australia were featured on the ABC tv show Media Watch the other night over plagarism from many other publications.

Vogue's Recycled Rags

vogue9.jpg

click on 'play the video'
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1876204.htm

Russh is without doubt the best thing thats happened in Australian fashion magazines in the last couple of years. That said I was pleasantly surprised with April Aus Vogue. First time in a long time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->