would you rather have your own label or....

ykidkwis

Reaction score
I think i would prefer to design for an existing label...just because of the fact that its success may already be established...if your at a good one..but then again you'd have to be succesful yourself to get a position at a label like Gucci or Christian Dior

It's annoying to see your title in all caps, it's like your screaming. :wacko: Let's try to avoid that next time, okay? :flower:

Right now I would design for another house because as I design for the house I'll get to know what I do best and a lot of techniques and fashion as I'm there. Then I can leave the house when I perfected it. Sounds selfish but that's how I see it.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:24 am
It's annoying to see your title in all caps, it's like your screaming. :wacko: Let's try to avoid that next time, okay? :flower:

Right now I would design for another house because as I design for the house I'll get to know what I do best and a lot of techniques and fashion as I'm there. Then I can leave the house when I perfected it. Sounds selfish but that's how I see it.
sorry...but i don't consider typing in caps screaming....as long as it's not hurting your ears i think you'll be fine.

Originally posted by ykidkwis+Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:32 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ykidkwis @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:32 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:24 am

sorry...but i don't consider typing in caps screaming....as long as it's not hurting your ears i think you'll be fine. [/b][/quote]
OT

Okay :flower: but it's annoying and it's not as if we wouldn't understand what your trying to say, okay? :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:37 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:37 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by ykidkwis@Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:32 am
<!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32
@Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:24 am

sorry...but i don't consider typing in caps screaming....as long as it's not hurting your ears i think you'll be fine.
OT

Okay :flower: but it's annoying and it's not as if we wouldn't understand what your trying to say, okay? :wink: [/b][/quote]
ok....but i'd be saying the same thing either way...in caps or not...oh well...forget it.

my own label...
i cant even compare the 2. :shock:
to have your own label is so much more satisfying i believe. to design for someone else will never be the same.. even if its YSL or GUCCI etc.
thats my opinion :innocent:

designing for an existing label would be great to gather expirience and get exposure, but ultimately I think designing for your own label would be far more satisfying

id design for an existing own label provided they allow me to add my own flavour into it.Then id do my own thing afterwards after i know how the business runs and getting all the contacts i agree with igni\
Btw thats the story with the caps and the screaming??

I would never want to deisgn for another label unelss i coudlnt have my own, id outn whant any body elses identy , iw hant to dexpress my own vision.

i thought i'd be the only one who'd want to design for an existing label but i guess not. i guess i think some of the fun is in finding out what that house is about and how you could do your own designs in the style and taste of the house. i would find it a fun challenge.

i love a challenge but at the same time it scares me. I would probably take on another label for learning purposes, but I'm not quite sure. I have an incredible desire to have my own label. Working for someone else's label might not make me happy. :unsure:

Starting at an established house would be good if you have no idea of how does everything works in the bussiness, from then on ... I'll do my own .. but i don't think I'll take a stint as creative director for some label

...Well of course id go for the gusto and desighn for my own label if i had FULL financial support otherwise id be under another...

I would start off under a well-known label, for exposure and experience and then move on and create my own. :flower:

I'm stuck between the two choices, on one hand I would say my own label for the obvious reason that I would have full creative control, but many independant designers go under without some kind of spotlight on them...On the other hand, designing for an already established house would in a way guarantee some recognition. If I did design for an already existing label though, it would def. be Celine!

I would choose Dolce&Gabbana or Christian Lacroix! :woot: Or maybe Giverchy, so I could revitalize it... :blush:

I just want to add: I would work for a house only if they give me full control like Galliano at Dior. :flower:

i prefer having my own label, its hard work and money can be a tough problem but i can do whatever pleases me without having people jumping on my neck..
its difficult and stressful but also fun to learn the hard way, plus people recognise and appreciate your work and personal style, which is not always the case when working for an estabished house.

most friends who work for established houses hate the experience, there is too much idea stealing and hard core bitching going on in these high ateliers :wink: i can do without. (plus money can be ridiculously low, if one is not THE artistic director... a friend is working for a big Italian house in Rome, he gets ONLY 800 euros a month plus a tiny company apartment to live in.. i mean please, its a steal, he works 10-14 hours a day, as first assistant designer.. )

i want to do both

but firstly my own label as its most important

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->