Your City's Style?

you should see the city i live in, people turn around and look at you when you wear a skirt! its like an "all jeans club",and it eventually affects your style, you can't always wear what you actually have in mind..

and my city is full of girls that wear tight tees on top of baggy jeans and sneakers with a (%90 fake) LV or Gucci bag, hair all long and straight (%95 of these are fake too) with the same style, face full of horrible make up, and whoever joins this "cult" consider themselfs "fashionable"; they're so pathetic omg..

the typical berlin-mitte girl imo...kneelength dress in a bright color (or flower print) with vintage boots and long dark hair :mellow:

i like the way people dress at parties in (east)berlin though. jeans, t-shirt & flats/sneakers. girls with high heels and party dresses are definately tourists, guys with high heels & dresses on the other hand...are probably natives :P

just... :sick:

some girls here go out in ONLY panties.
seriously :sick:

Here everyone either wears masses of all saints and Vivienne Westwiood and whatever else is on sale in Victoria Quarter. Or theres your usual typical indies.

In Bukarets most of the people dress awful.There's little amopunt of people who really knows how to dress.Money might be on of the dressing problems.Althought there's also a "underground"part and these people really know how to dress:X:X

the big thing here in suburban MI is wearing a ring or two or ten on anything but the ring finger.

in Adelaide, Australia, everyone wears a surfie name-brand hoodie.
or a really tight, short, belted hot pink or bright yellow dress with a whole lot of fake tan.
there isnt alot of good fashion going on around here. :(

My city is Atlanta...

...and I caught this lovely lady out and about in this cute flowy printed number:

three.jpg

six.jpg

seven.jpg

There’s big variety of styles in my city - Vilnius. The main thing is that all younger women cares about their look a lot – so either they have good sense of style and then look really effectively, either they have bad taste and express it strongly too =) There’s like a mix of “Scandinavian street style” type people and Slavic “blink blink” tacky style.
There are very little people who dress just to fell comfortable. I noticed that in other countries older people tend to dress less fashionable but more comfortable. While here people still don’t look for comfort when aging, they just stuck in their “golden age”.
Typical portrait of girl in my town – dark blue skinny low rise jeans with belt, dark ballerinas, some t-shirts, leather jacket, oversized bag, oversized sunglasses, straight long hair. It's not bad, but it’s such a boring uniform. But I’m happy that there tend to be more and more differently dressed people.

Ooohh... no one in my little town has style what so ever. They all think fashion is tucking in a flanel shirt with a pair of jeans or leggings and worn with boots or ballet flats. Its not a pretty look at all.

In Toronto, the typically dressed girl consists of pretty much all the things I (and many people at tFS)am annoyed at:
Type 1: Uggs, a coach bag, black pants from Lulu Lemon or TNA, oversized top from some athletic chic brand.
Type 2: Oversized/plain/ripped up shirt, leggings, flats, oversized bag that's nearly always fake.
Type 3: Dark shirt with tacky neon print that everyone wears to look (ironically) unique, ripped/faded/neon/overly tight skinny jeans, converse.

Hungary (my country:( it sucks...people doesn't know what fashion is though... a lot of women looks like a p*rn actress or a wh*re...(central Europe..) men are not fashionable and they are boring...
but there's some good example, too :]

I live in Harrogate, which is a reasonably-sized affluent town. There are lots of preppy shops like Jack Wills and Crew Clothing, and some designer shops, so when you walk down the street in Harrogate all you see are girls and boys wearing Jack Wills. But they're all between the ages of 11 and 15, so they're young and annoying and think they're so "like, gorgeous, daaaaarhl" wearing their crappy preppy clothes.
Then there are tons of "indie" girls wearing brogues and dresses, sporting leather satchels, trying to look like Alexa Chung but actually looking ridiculous and quite tacky (because they buy all of their clothes from Topshop and New Look).

The boys are mostly just preppy, but there are also indie/hipster boys who wear jeans that are clearly too tight, teamed with check shirts. The more "unique" ones wear loafers and jumpers from charity shops and have- admittedly- sexy hair.

Everybody here seems to think they're so individual/posh, but really they're not.

i live in new york so i see more fashion inclined people even on the subways. i once saw a women with an hermes looking extremely sharp and some gorgeous chanel flats. it's kind of a hit or miss and it kind of depends on where you are. like in manhattan especially near fifth avenue you'll find more fashion forward people as opposed to the outer boroughs.

Whoa! Those are some pretty intense sunnies! I don't think I could pull of wearing them however, I give this girl props for rocking a unusal look. :smile:

People in my town dress well but not what you would call fashionable if you were to compare the whole lot of them. Though, once in awhile, you might get lucky and see an individual with actual style. ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->