Your City's Style?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.............

I live in Scarborough (a what I consider village beside Tortonto) Style? No way! My city is CRAP! Style is the last thing people thinks/cares about!! In my school, people wears what I call teenager uniforms! They either wear american eagle jeans or those tacky super low rise teenager jeans, or a boxy mini deniem skirt in the summer! Hoodies, t-shhirts with writing on it, or tank tops. Adidas, Nike, or Phat Farm running shoes. Another style most guys wear are the baggy, gangish 50cent outfits!!!!!!!!!!!! We have 1500 poeple in our skool only 8 people out of the entire school knows what truely fashion is, and showed it by the way they dress! I hate the crap town I live in, I go to school then my house and that's it, when I go shopping and hanging out with friends on weekends, I take the subway for an hour to get to downtown Toronto, where I can see some TRUE fashion styles! And I feel like a normal human for the way I dress!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm living in a little estonian town, called paide. and i have to say, that our streetstyle is very borning! everybody are wearing same types of clothes and nobody doesn't care about colors (which i do!) and it's quite frustrating that we have only some persons who thinks what he/she is wearing and how..

why_fashion said:
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.............

I live in Scarborough (a what I consider village beside Tortonto) Style? No way! My city is CRAP! Style is the last thing people thinks/cares about!! In my school, people wears what I call teenager uniforms! They either wear american eagle jeans or those tacky super low rise teenager jeans, or a boxy mini deniem skirt in the summer! Hoodies, t-shhirts with writing on it, or tank tops. Adidas, Nike, or Phat Farm running shoes. Another style most guys wear are the baggy, gangish 50cent outfits!!!!!!!!!!!! We have 1500 poeple in our skool only 8 people out of the entire school knows what truely fashion is, and showed it by the way they dress! I hate the crap town I live in, I go to school then my house and that's it, when I go shopping and hanging out with friends on weekends, I take the subway for an hour to get to downtown Toronto, where I can see some TRUE fashion styles! And I feel like a normal human for the way I dress!

Wow, I too live in Toronto.. but the high school I attended was on the OPPOSITE end of the city (more south).. I gotta say they have some sort of style.. with their Lacoste polos and designer shades. :ninja: That is style right? .. too preppy though, nothing unique, everyone looked like clones!

My school's style is... EMO , punk and goth. There are posers everywhere. Anyways, the emo trend is infesting the school like a plague! Guys with thick messy running eyeliner, tight jeans, over geled hair, tight graphic t-shirts and hoodies... Some girls with crazy layered hair or very short layered hair with tight cuffed jeans and graphic hoodies and t-shirts.. + small mini band/punk pins everywhere. Honestly the emo boys and girls look the same.

pinkvolvo said:
My school's style is... EMO , punk and goth. There are posers everywhere. Anyways, the emo trend is infesting the school like a plague! Guys with thick messy running eyeliner, tight jeans, over geled hair, tight graphic t-shirts and hoodies... Some girls with crazy layered hair or very short layered hair with tight cuffed jeans and graphic hoodies and t-shirts.. + small mini band/punk pins everywhere. Honestly the emo boys and girls look the same.

You're lucky. My school has been completely infiltrated by the nation-wide organisation of chavs/gangster-wannabes. It's hard to not be sucked in by the amount of chav-influences that's around in school on a daily basis. There are so few "normal" people left now and I can count with only my left hand the number of "emos" left because there are only around 5:innocent: I'm annoyed by either extreme (emo vs. chavs), however I'd rather be pestered by 5-year-old-in-mental-age emos than chavs anyday, as chavs have a rather high tendency to insult you for no apparent reason :ermm: (well, ok for me the insults are mainly targetted at my race:ninja: )

I live uptown of the GTA but go to school downtown. Perhaps downtown has people with more interesting styles because, well, there's more people in general lol. Queen street has a lot of punk-eccentric-ly dressed people..but on campus I just see the typical jeans, hoodie, screenprint tees, denim miniskirts, sneakers etc..rather boring and simple..but i dress like that sometimes..cos it's just school and we should be comfortable at school. I saw this girl walking around in campus w/ 4 inch high stilettos...poor girl..she looked exhausted since it could take up to 20 minutes to walk from one class to another.

Anyways...in high school..everyone pretty much dressed the same...I guess it's similar too in university. Getting sick of those TNA yoga pants w/ juicy hoodies and lululemon shoulder bags as schoolbags. It's even worse in the winter when all girls wear the same TNA fur trimmed hooded coat w/ hideous UGG boots. Hollister is another one...ever since they opened their first store in Eaton Centre...the whole 14-22? population is decked out in Hollister..AE gets no love anymore:rolleyes: I actually found that the only people who had more of a sense of style were the ones from hk because some of them looked like the snapshots of people you see in tokyo street style mags...though i don't dress like that cos it's just not my style.

Also..like most of you have mentioned, I too have seen the emo/skater group, goth/punk group, gangsta/urban group, all-designer group, asian streetstyle group, preppy/hollister group and the All-Aritzia group.....please...i want to see some fashion, not clones or walking billboards!

I'm from Vancouver, and I find that there are alot of stylish people here. I mean, sure you have the Arizia TNA hoodie wearing girls, and black tights under denim mini-skirt thing goin on but it's like that anywhere. I usually come across the best dressed girls in cafes and bookstores.

Well my school is a international school. The british people look a lot like kate moss and sienna miller clones walking around. Then you have the new skinny jean trend everywhere. The aussies at my school are always skater/surfer styles. Guys are either skater boys or preps. We have some emo/goth wannabe's who get made fun of *eye roll* then we have the guys who believe they are in G-unit *another eye roll* However i think my school is really diverse,we dont have too much extremes and people have great style.

ok so some artist is photographing typical liverpool street fashions and showing them in an exhibition.. i think i may go see it. the guy said he wanted to get all the sterotypes in. these were the only photographs i could find online.

there are so many subcultures in my town these are just a few ill try to find more.

credits ... www.theconservationcentre.co.uk

these girls are the sterotypical vintage loving fashion student here

fashion_students.jpg

they did young and old this is what the old people dress like around here .. well some of them normally about 80 .. and from a certain background. But this pritty much sums the old people up :smile:

streetlife.jpg

this girl is probally a student this is a kind of studently look in my city

street_life.jpg

these guys are the typical trendy guy in my city .. also probally a student

marc_mcnulty.jpg

for any of you who have ever wondered what a scally is .. this is the male version :(

credits www.scallycentral.com

scouse_fashion_week_2_small.jpg

scouse_fashion_week_3.jpg

scouse_fashion_week_4_small.jpg

scouse_fashion_week_6_small.jpg

scouse_fashion_week_9_small.jpg

ok in my city these are the sterotypes

scally lad .. designer tracksuits and lots of tacky designer clothes etc. .. see above

fashion student/scene/indie style girl .. buys vintages tries to be "unique" also see way above

guy who is in band or thinks they are .. music is big here so alot of the people dress to reflect this

fashion wh*re .. wears upto the minute fashions in high doses .. you cant miss this girl .. 75% of the girls here could also be a guy

emos .. allthough fading out guy/girl

chav girls who were fashions in the tackyest form .. thank god they are a dying breed

I can say that Liverpool girls take a massive pride in their appearance.
Althoguh some of them need to realise they are in tescos doing the food shop not on a catwalk. the girls in liverpool constantly perform and dress to impress. fashion is a very very very high priority here although most of them just get these trends from the hgih street i guess very few could name the designers or collections they were inspired by .. fasion is every were but style is lacking in some areas. girls were whats fashionable and bang up to the minute not what suits them. girls in this city also create trends as well as follow them.
we have two extremes really the overlly done up looking gorgeous and taking mega pride to not caring wearing pjs out in public and lacoste tracksuits .. all though thats the lads who were the tracksuits really.

poshigirl said:

Credit: spray.no
Cute guy alert! Who is Mr. Third-from-the-left with the Dina Meyer look-a-like?? :heart:

In Maine the women wear mom jeans and crocs. Men wear flannol, jeans that show crack, and either clam digging boots or crocs.

dark wash skinny tsubi jeans & black puffer jacket.
I go to a uniform school but when we have one day that isnt uniform, everyone wears the same outfit...

"High Point" and "style" don't really go together. At least not from what I've seen.
I give you "Random people on random days on N. Main St in High Point."
(Most of them stink photo-wise b/c I had to take them from my car. Idk how to parallel park :blush: )

The people where I live just copy off other people in the area :lol:

I typed in my city + "street style" and there's no such thing. :rofl:

Good... everyone looks like a cowboy. :doh::yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->