Your City's Style?

The girls at my college dress like the girl's from Laguna Beach....all tanned with the semi-straight hair,Coach and D&B bags, WAY too tight shirts......no sense of creativity and they ALL LOOK ALIKE! :shock:

The guys either do pot-head grunge, American Eagle (yuck) or hill-billy...I have to say, it's scary when the Hill-Billies look the best! :lol:

In Palm Beach it's all about showing off how much money you have. So, you see huge labels on everything! It really seems tacky to me. :yuk:
However, those consumers have brought a lot of great boutiques and brands to our area. So, maybe they are good for something. ^_^

You know, I figure fashion is like tribal identification for a lot of people, rather than expression. They dress to fit in. Of course, it's uninspired and not individual...that's the whole point. My ex-boyfriend used to go to the hair salon and ask for the "normal-guy haircut." Which I thought was pretty amusing.

That said, I rather like how the people around me dress. Lots of layers and vintage. Arm warmers this year...last year it was leg warmers. Clothes that are broken in. There are also a lot of Japanese students here who run around in tight jeans and the J.Lo furry bomber jackets. Hmm. That's all I can think of right now. I'll have to look more closely at what people wear and report back again later. It's like an anthropological assignment! :woot: :lol: :rolleyes:

Salt Lake City:

There is alot of Abercrombie and Hollister(Fake tans, blonde short bobs), Personally i dont like hollister AT ALL!... and the bag of choice is (LV real or fake...its so over used) but on a rare occassion you see people with there own style. Its more of a plain area but i take it to my advantage i love to stick out with my own personal flare :D....

we have a "uniform" in my city for all girls ages ten to twenty-five: abercrombie sweatshirt over hollister t-shirt, hollister or american eagle jeans, for shoes either flip flops (despite the fact it may be snowing outside), or fake UGG boots/slippers, or raggedy old american eagle knockoff birkenstocks. complemented by a knockoff LV or lately a knockoff Chloé bag (and none of these girls even know how to PRONOUNCE Chloé). if you don't wear this, you're not "cool". it's great fun; i love my town. yup. no one has personal style, but it's pretty much impossible for most people to have any because all we have store-wise in our area is abercrombie, hollister, and american eagle. no good vintage or thrift stores even. it's bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
In our city,there are so many KIDS like to wear Stussy,Supreme,A Bathing Ape(a lot)..etc.These street Brands.They also are fashion viticms.Poor.Some of people like to buy fake LV,Vivienne Westwood,Partick Cox...etc.Oh,My world!
Despite of this,there are also many PUNKERS.Underground shoes,Nails,Chains,are their weapons.:D

a bunch of kids who dress like they're on thecobrasnake.com and redneck chic. also, some pretty well-dressed people. not too bad all in all. it could be worse.:wink:

Totally uninspiring. Seven Jeans, So Low up-the-butt sweatpants, white wife beater, random top. North face or some random puffer jacket. Uggs. Louis, fake Balenciaga, Dooney, Long Champ, Herve, and Coach.
It's like the sorority girl uniform. When they get *creative* they wear citizens of humanity jeans and copy whoever is on the cover of In Touch or whatever tabloid.

Toronto

I think that people in this city dress fairly well, of course, the photos that are on all of the Toronto street fashion sites don't do the real stylies justice...i didn't think we had an abercrombie in canada, but that style is all i see...i need to get a digital camera and start taking photos of REAL events and streetstyle, and not underage "indie/emo" nights. my friend and i have started an online magazine, and soon when people google toronto streetstyle, they won't see a bunch of coke sluts and bad shoes...:o

Sydney

I'm not saying that ALL girls (15-20 age demographic) wear this type of the following description, but I've seen a lot of girls wear skinnies, mostly black with flip-flops (havianas, is the preferred choice), tank tops, brightly coloured and sometimes layered with beads. They might change it up a bit with a coloured headscarf or headband or some other mainstream accessory, but this would be the usual. However, since we are in summer atm, girls are starting to wear shorts, pretty much swapping the skinny jeans with short-shorts, bordering on 'hot pants'. Pretty much every third girl and her best friend wear this type of thing

^^ Agreed. I'd really like to see more pretty dresses instead of those damn shorts!

My flat is in Heidelberg/Germany. That means NOT I'm living there. Although many people say it's one of the most beautiful little cities ever (o.k. I agree with that) it's also one of the most boring ones - in my opinion. No places to go etc. everything VERY tourist orientated. I have to live here for university (even if I don't study at the Heidelberg university - one of the oldest in the whole world! But that's a different story!).

As Heidelberg is the most boring city in the world the streetstyle is even worse. I fell kind of exotic and looked at if I go for a coffee e.g. You see I'm rarely here and if I'm here I leave my flat to walk my dog or do some shopping (only FOOD...) or go to work (that's the reason why I'll have to stay here...)

The Heidelbergians (mostly students) wear a kind of a students uniform. I call it the British preppy style (even if I can hardly remember seeing anyone wearing something like that in Britain).

boys/men:

• timberland boat shoes (in summer AND winter)
  • blue jeans (mostly levi's 501)
  • ralph lauren jumpers (the ones with the little pony in ALL colours, mainly cashmere) with shirts underneath
  • barbour jacket in all colours (green, blue, brown)
  • burberry scarfs (nova check)
The brands are (as already mentioned:( Barbour, Burlington, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi's, Timberland, Burberry.
PLEASE don't laugh this is true i don't exxagerate!

images
images
images
images

Girls/women:

• Timberland boat shoes (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or some shoes like tod's
  • Ralph Lauren sweaters (mainly pink, light blue, etc.)
  • Barbour jackets or some other preppy lookin black woolen coats
  • LONGCHAMP handbags in EVERY colour. You can't walk down the main street without seeing at least 20 students carrying them along
images
images
images
images

That't the university city style. It's very different in other german cities! Heidelberg is a very traditional city. The're many fraternities here and clubs and etc. You come here when your father/grandfather etc. has already studied here and normally go into the same fraternity. Many aristocrats - with no sence of individual style :sick:

I used to like that style but not if EVERYONE has it. I adopted parts of it. So I also own a LONGCHAMP les pliage Handbag but would never combine it with tods etc. I love tod's but... you know. Sometimes the lack of creativity drives me nuts.

CAlgary's very mainstream. All the girls at my school look like American Eagle or Old Navy mannequins and labels are very big. Lululemon, TNA...GROSS:sick: ! I'm one of the few "fashion forward" girls but I get my fair share of disdainful looks. Maybe it's the short hair...B) ONce you get out of the city limits you get a lot of cowboys. Every few times, the main newspaper will feature a profile on a stylish Calgarian in their REal Life section. It's all very relative as far as innovation goes...

Guys - Super Tight Shirts. We're Getting Over The Baggy Pants Phase, Thank God.

Girls - Skirts With Leggings. Lots Of Camo Lately. Uggs Everywhere. Double Belts. Bright, Electric Colors. Lots Of Necklaces And Layered Polos Too

dreamsethereal said:
we have a "uniform" in my city for all girls ages ten to twenty-five: abercrombie sweatshirt over hollister t-shirt, hollister or american eagle jeans, for shoes either flip flops (despite the fact it may be snowing outside), or fake UGG boots/slippers, or raggedy old american eagle knockoff birkenstocks. complemented by a knockoff LV or lately a knockoff Chloé bag (and none of these girls even know how to PRONOUNCE Chloé). if you don't wear this, you're not "cool". it's great fun; i love my town. yup. no one has personal style, but it's pretty much impossible for most people to have any because all we have store-wise in our area is abercrombie, hollister, and american eagle. no good vintage or thrift stores even. it's bad.

I Totally Forgot About The Knockoff AE Birkenstocks. Those Too :lol:

I live in Sydney, and all you see these days is girls dragging around their hot pink Supre bags that they snagged for free while shopping for tacky clothing. Aside from that, leggings seem to be popular, and a growing number of people have started wearing the whole tank top, shorts and sunnies combo.

ms.jade said:
The Heidelbergians (mostly students) wear a kind of a students uniform. I call it the British preppy style (even if I can hardly remember seeing anyone wearing something like that in Britain).

boys/men:
  • timberland boat shoes (in summer AND winter)
  • blue jeans (mostly levi's 501)
  • ralph lauren jumpers (the ones with the little pony in ALL colours, mainly cashmere) with shirts underneath
  • barbour jacket in all colours (green, blue, brown)
  • burberry scarfs (nova check)
The brands are (as already mentioned:( Barbour, Burlington, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi's, Timberland, Burberry.
PLEASE don't laugh this is true i don't exxagerate!

images
images
images
images

Girls/women:

• Timberland boat shoes (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or some shoes like tod's
  • Ralph Lauren sweaters (mainly pink, light blue, etc.)
  • Barbour jackets or some other preppy lookin black woolen coats
  • LONGCHAMP handbags in EVERY colour. You can't walk down the main street without seeing at least 20 students carrying them along
images
images
images
images

That't the university city style. It's very different in other german cities! Heidelberg is a very traditional city. The're many fraternities here and clubs and etc. You come here when your father/grandfather etc. has already studied here and normally go into the same fraternity. Many aristocrats - with no sence of individual style :sick:

I used to like that style but not if EVERYONE has it. I adopted parts of it. So I also own a LONGCHAMP les pliage Handbag but would never combine it with tods etc. I love tod's but... you know. Sometimes the lack of creativity drives me nuts.

:lol: that is the way the rich kids dressed at my school (not Germany), all being happy that there exists 'no' school uniform. a lot of them study/ied econmics, so that poor university is still polpulated by hundreds of people who dress exactly like that.

h&m, h&m, h&m and once again h&m. that's vaasa mainly

kids in my city, hong kong uh - the range is just huge.

generally, for girls, it'll be shorts with leggings 24/7, unmatched mix&matching, converse. in another word, very japanese. oh, and boho these days.

on the other hand for guys, it's basically tight jeans :smile:shock: ) and converse. and they just all happen to like vest jackets, you know with a t-shirt inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->