A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 26th, 2004 - 7:07 pm
What's wrong with a normal backpack

This is the fashion spot...we're supposed to be designer obsessives...
But still realistic. How the hell is she supposed to carry 4 books in those little things? Backpack people! Not handbag!

...continue...

If I only I could buy a Birkin to haul my books around in!!! :(

I have this same ongoing dilemna... everyone at my school carries Jansport backpacks or some other kind of nylon backpack... which I loathe!! Bleck! Right now I'm using an ESpirit leathery backpack which is way too small and I always end up carrying my books anyway.. :lol:

Originally posted by Moi+Jan 26th, 2004 - 8:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Moi @ Jan 26th, 2004 - 8:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jan 26th, 2004 - 7:07 pm
What's wrong with a normal backpack

This is the fashion spot...we're supposed to be designer obsessives...
But still realistic. How the hell is she supposed to carry 4 books in those little things? Backpack people! Not handbag!

...continue... [/b][/quote]
You carry the books in your arms! :lol: (just a little joke.... :innocent: )

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 27th, 2004 - 2:11 am
N.B. It's Mulberry.
Yes, by Mulberry. I used to love Mulberry, I've had lots of bags and small stuff from them during the years; remarkable quality. It lasts and lasts!

Anyway, I have this Scotchgrain backpack that is very traditional yet stylish. I've had it for at least 10 years by now; I just replace the leather string that pulls it together every now and then.

How the hell is she supposed to carry 4 books in those little things

Being a man I always assumed that the art of inserting the 24 volumes of the encylopaedia Brittanica into a clutch was some kind of freemasonic initiation into the cult of being a woman.

I carried a messenger bag and a briefcase to school.

:bounce: Me likey the Vanessa Bruno totes!

Okay here's my take on the backpack vs tote, etc... Having been in college for a few months now, I've found that totes work best for me (and it would appear that way for most other people too..) because your classes may be spread out and you might have to do some shopping, go to work, interviews, etc. in between or directly before or after... SOOOOO it's better to have something that serves as something more than just a sack to haul books in or go camping with...PLUS, argh school can be such a drag... why not carry your books in something fun to brighten things up a bit?! I also think backpacks can be a bit fussy because you have to adjust the straps, etc etc... and I'm a very lazy person...
Oh yeah and on LIGHT days, I even carry a little notepad to jot down stuff from lectures in a handbag...so it really just depends on your lifestyle :flower:

Originally posted by leyla m.+Jan 26th, 2004 - 9:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Jan 26th, 2004 - 9:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pradaromance12@Jan 27th, 2004 - 2:31 am
What about a large Herve Chapelier?

they are simple and come in many different sizes:
http://www.herve-chapelier.com/flash.html
had that one in mind too.
here when i was in college, every little french girl had one :blush: [/b][/quote]
just about every college girl here in DC has one too :sideways: as well as those monogrammed LL Bean totes

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 26th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
How the hell is she supposed to carry 4 books in those little things

Being a man I always assumed that the art of inserting the 24 volumes of the encylopaedia Brittanica into a clutch was some kind of freemasonic initiation into the cult of being a woman.

I carried a messenger bag and a briefcase to school.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I use a tote at my university, too, as do many girls here. I think they're cuter than backpacks and more comfortable to me (usually most backpacks I find are half the size of me!). I hate messenger bags and the way they smack against your hip/thigh. You can definitely find a tote that's sturdy and cute.

i read in an article in luck ymagazine or something that hogan made a special school bag (tote) for julia stiles

Chanel_girl, I think she said very clearly that she needs a *school bag*, which is also reasonably priced.
so what's with the season's new YSL, Chanel, Dior...etc? well, those are nice, but not for school I guess.
is this whole thing supposed to be a joke or something? :ninja: :blush:

anyway, I suggest something like a plain Gucci tote or a Vuitton messenger bag.

Oooh, oooh, oooh! Here is a real school bag, unusual for America, and extremely cool and classy.

Japanese school bag, closed

Japanese school bag, opened

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the description.

For $150, you can hardly go wrong. This looks like a good quality piece that would last your for ages and ages, and I imagine you would be the only girl with one like it at your school. I'd consider replacing my briefcase with one of these, since it can be worn over both shoulders like a backpack. Would be more convenient come bicycling season.

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:21 pm
Would you consider this valentino?
Hey Chanel,

Which part of her being a "poor student" is hard to understand, granted its cool to dream yet, she's asking for help, almost everything you're showing her is unrealistic. I too was a student once and I understand how difficult it is..

By the way, using a Valentino as a pencil case is messed up! :rolleyes:

I was watching a repeat of the O.C. last night and I really like the backpack/tote that Marissa uses. Does anyone know who makes it?

Originally posted by *AndoraStar*+Jan 27th, 2004 - 10:41 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(*AndoraStar* @ Jan 27th, 2004 - 10:41 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chanel_girl@Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:21 pm
Hey Chanel,

Which part of her being a "poor student" is hard to understand, granted its cool to dream yet, she's asking for help, almost everything you're showing her is unrealistic. I too was a student once and I understand how difficult it is..

By the way, using a Valentino as a pencil case is messed up! :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I could be wrong, :unsure: but I had the impression that these suggestions were made as a bit of a joke -- just for fun. :flower:

Originally posted by tealady+Jan 27th, 2004 - 8:30 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ Jan 27th, 2004 - 8:30 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by *AndoraStar*@Jan 27th, 2004 - 10:41 am
<!--QuoteBegin-chanel_girl
@Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:21 pm

Hey Chanel,

By the way, using a Valentino as a pencil case is messed up! :rolleyes:
I could be wrong, :unsure: but I had the impression that these suggestions were made as a bit of a joke -- just for fun. :flower: [/b][/quote]
Yes isn't humour difficult without a tone

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->